T+A's new R 2500 R integrated amp

**Not to be confused with earlier T+A products that have similar names.**

Does anybody have hands-on experience with this incredibly flexible integrated amp? It’s been shipping in the US for just a couple of months, & has not yet been reviewed in the Tier One audiophile press

It’s absolutely not possible for me to hear the R 2500 R before buying, and at nearly $19,000, I’m hesitant to pull the trigger blind. But it sure sounds impressive on paper, boasting one of T+A’s world-class DAC/streamers, several hundred Class AB wpc, 31-lb weight, discrete headphone amp, some of the most comprehensive connectivity on the market, firmware-upgradability, a friendly UI, and, of course, T+A’s reputation for impeccable sound quality. It even includes a CD transport & FM tuner, as well as HDMI w/ARC I/O for integration into a home theater. Whew.

I normally wouldn’t consider an embedded DAC/streamer, but, heck, this is T+A, the company that made its name throughout Europe for its no-holds-barred DAC technology. And I understand that the R 2500’s internal DAC is an updated (albeit "merely" 512DSD) version of the company’s highly regarded $7500 1-bit standalone model.

Given all that, I’d love to speak with anyone who managed to score one of the first batch (now sold out at many dealerships); or even to a golden ear who plans to audition this amp at AXPONA.

cundare2

Showing 3 responses by audioman58

I know them well best quality value vs Anybody 

Dollar for Dollar Aavic their middle i280

Beat any integrated amps on many levels

For around $10k Blink Hifi 300,600wpc

With their famous multiple Tesla coil s to dramatically lower 

The noise floor plus many other technologies

ANSUZ IS THEIR SISTER CABLE  POWERCORD CO.

Look under Danish Audio Group

they are gaining steam pretty quickly, I am currently saving for the T+A 200 dac 

IMO and many others best dac under $15k and retail around $7k

Danish Audio Group without question will surpass T+A dealers in the next year or so. Just look up the product group starting with Borrensen Loudspeakers.

their X series is doing very well and great values . The AAvic I250 I highly recommend you can purchase for under $10 k and I have found no integrated as powerful or musical to better it even at $15k and I have directly compared many at Audio get togethers .this is without question on my short list as well as Ansuz

their Ethernet switch,and power switch dramatically improve the sound .

my brother has the Outstanding DCS Rossini Apex ,and the Ansuz D Ethernet switch made a easy to hear upgrade in fidelity ,same holds true with their line conditioner. Thier Multiple Active,passive Tesla coils and other technologies greatly lowers noise, even more so then all major companies ,just compare for yourself .

Type AAvic I280 integrated amp best integrated under $15k ,for under $10k with discount, Ansuz power cords too excellent ,although a bit pricy imo.