SVS SB-2000 Pro/3000 vs. REL T/7x

Helping a friend put together a system.  A salesman of very reputable HiFi purveyor is suggesting the REL: 6db down at 31Hz @ $1099.  The SVS is 3db down at 19Hz at $799.  Both sealed.  SVS more than doubles REL's amp.  For less than REL's money could even bump up to the SB-3000.  What does the REL have that the SVS doesn't and vice versa?  I've looked through previous SVS/REL posts and I don't really see any compelling arguments for REL at this level, especially with DSP helping any single-sub placement these days.  Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsumadoggie
Post removed 
I’ve had at the same time...sb3000 and sb1000 and T/9i.

The SVS subs are powerful and great for home theater.  Only ok for music.

when it comes to music...it’s no contest.  The REL t/9i is worlds better.
‘The SVS subs are hard to integrate, slow, sloppier and rumbling.
The REL is fast, nuanced, textured and way more musical.
Not sure why people ^ get their pants bunched up and call this post foolish.  I think its a great post.  I've only owned a REL sub and have often wondered. 
I’d recommend getting a pair of SB2000 Pros for $1500.  IMHO two very good subs trump one excellent sub through virtue of its better balance/evenness and ability to deal with room nodes, and the included integration technology is a really nice bonus.  Plus, getting down to a true 20Hz helps further improve imaging and expands the soundstage along with obviously providing a more powerful and solid bass foundation.  With SVS you have something like a 45-day truly risk-free trial period, so if you’re not thrilled just send them back — doubt you will though.  Best of luck.