Supply chain affecting anyone?

Just found out from my dealer that my Sonus Faber speakers won’t deliver until early January (ordered in early October). For reference, he says it normally takes 2-3 weeks. 
128x128bigtex22
yes of course…. I led teams that built things with 4 million parts, supply chain issues always a reality…

sometimes a black art, but always an art…
High demand? Containers remain on the dock with insufficient help to load them on the few tractor trailers? Lack of truck drivers to move the stuff to the stores for their shelves. Cargo ships wait out at sea because they can’t get off loaded. Everywhere you go there are help wanted signs. Southwest airlines cancelled over 1000 flights because of pilot shortage and the vaccine mandate. Now they have relented. But the vaccine mandate may be the final straw to break the fragile on time shipping/stocking system. Then too, they have spent 1 1/2 yrs scaring the crap out of people with the flu which has a 99.5 % recovery rate. This hasn’t helped either. But because this is negative news, they roll out the "unusual high demand" idea in hopes that people will buy into it. I don’t.
As to how it has effected my audio, I was planning to send my JLTi phono preamp down to Australia for an upgrade. But now, I’m not sure it is a good idea due to everything being at a crawl now. On a positive note, I could sell my 2018 Silverado pickup for the price I paid for it. But IF hyperinflation hits like it did in Venezuela , the $$$ will be worth less than the pickup. I hope @mahgister (& I) are wrong about the future
Yep for sure. Was wanting to get a Schiit Jot 2 to use as a pre amp and HP amp. Didn’t want to wait 6-8 weeks so went with an RME dac instead since it was available. Hopefully it’s a good second option. 
I make jokes, but this,I believe,is much more serious than the media is letting on. In this world,we have to take as many snapshots as possible to try and see the big picture.  I can feel something deep and dark lurking.  I pray to the Lord that I am wrong.  

I am a management consultant focused in supply chain and operations.  I've had a lot less time to spend at home listening to tunes since last fall!

I decided to upgrade and ordered some units from Moon by Simaudio (in Canada) and was surprised they quoted 1 week lead-time.  I expected some challenges because there's a bunch of factors impacting many companies

• labor/driver shortages
  • container shortages
  • backup on the ports
  • commodity shortages/inflation
  • crop shortages/inflation
Humans are flexible and there will be adaption.  And the golden rule applies - he who has the gold can make the rules.  I expect the supply chain issues to last at least until next spring/summer.

I don't know if there will be a reset in power from owners and equity holders to workers; I expect changes based on cost and lead-time.

Demand patterns have changed and companies not increasing the planning frequency could have disastrous consequences