Streamer suggestions with both wireless and wired connections

There are necessary components in our systems like speakers and amplifiers,  which are to be bought.  At the same time,  since one can  use a computer to stream 0s and 1s, is it justified to invert 5k or > on a streamer?

I am using a Blue sound Nide 2i streamer (not as a dac though) for already several years, sometimes I use my computer and actually I note no essential difference in sound quality. Some of you claim a night and day difference between SQ of different streamers. So I want to find out if I am really streaming constantly at night. I have no convenient Ethernet connection close to my audio system, besides would like to compare the defferences in SQ with wireless and wired connections.

Please help to create daylight in my streaming environment

128x128niodari

Showing 1 response by mahler123

I owned the Node and the Vault and thought that they both sounded better wired.  I had used computers for streaming prior to that and thought that the Bluesound sounded roughly equivalent, but I enjoyed having the computer out of the system and Bluesound made Internet Radio so much easier.

Better streamers are out there and I don’t think $5K is required.  My Cambridge Audio CXN 60 sounds better than Bluesound at roughly twice the Node price.

I would definitely go wired.  For a few hundred dollars you should be able to hire an IT installer for 1-2 hours to wire your dwelling.  Once done you should never need to repeat.  Think of it as part of the cost of the streamer.  You could try this with the Node first