Streamer Software

I’m in a process to upgrade my Node 2i streamer and there are some interesting options available. I use Qobuz, Roon and Spotify with the current streamer. I’m wondering what’s the software level with Lumin, Aurender, Auralic and for example Inuos? This is information which seems to be very difficult to compare, so it would share your experience with streamer software. Just please include information like how you use the software, iphone, android, mac, pc client and version if possible 👍🏻
jksec

Showing 1 response by mgrif104

Lots of good information here.  I have experience with Aurender’s conductor (I own an N100H and use it extensively in system 2).  I have experience with Auralic’s Lighting DS (I own an Aries G2 and use it in system 1).  I have experience with BluOS (I have a Node and retired it to system 3 - kitchen).  I used to use Roon with the Node 2 and then on the Auralic.

If your primary concern is user Interface, Roon is hard to beat.  In my view, Aurender’s conductor would be next, followed by BluOS and LDS.  I auditioned Lumin before buying the Auralic and would put Lumin’s app as similar to LDS.

However, if your concern is sound quality, I found LDS to be significantly better than Roon over the same device. My speculation is that the software better utilizes the buffers built into the hardware. Comparing the same streams across the software, (no conversions), it was pretty easy to hear the superiority of LDS over Roon.

I didn’t make the same comparison of BluOS vs Roon because the Node 2 isn’t a higher performance unit and I didn’t think it worth making the comparison.  

I’ve had some issues with stability on all of the units but Aurender’s conductor seems best in this regard.  it’s the most stable of the bunch.

Best,