Store auditioning and then buying on-line from others. How do you feel about it ?

Doesn't look too pretty, but who cares, right ?
inna
If you like to kick tires go to a car showroom i was once in retail(stereo) and i don't waste a salespersons time.
Just so chayro, just so .
A religious person might say Satan doesn't bother people that are doing what he wants .
@gdnrbob.
Correct. I think my next step is to visit a dealer with a long standing customer/mutual friend and have that be an ice breaker. I forgot, but I was in Des Moine and visited a small dealer. They had their guard up at first, but once I was able "geek out" with the nicer employee over a mutual interest, It made for a nice, but quick listening session. Wasn’t a fan of the speaker placement, so not much of an audition. Still, the vibe was thick! when I walked in.
I grappled with the idea of buying from a dealer who wasn't local, after visiting my local dealer to make a purchase, and the salesman seemed he didn't know much about the equipment he sold, was pretty much an "order taker" and wasn't that interested in finding answers to my questions.
About 40 years ago I was a commissioned audio salesman and it used to really bother me when I'd spend time working with a customer who would then go to a discount store and buy cheaper stuff.  Every now and then, when they'd have problems, some of them would actually have the audacity to ask me to help them with problems they had with the equipment they bought from that discount store.
But in the case of making a purchase from my local dealer, the owner had an investment that I benefited from, and though my salesman wasn't the best, I didn't think it was right to buy the items somewhere else, when the local dealer "added value" by having the units available on display at their showroom.
I always try to support good local dealers when you can find them. In the long run they can save you money by offering good advice and sometimes can link you with great deals on trade ins from other customers. But many dealers aren’t great and have bad attitudes. For those I don’t care.