Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129

Just added two REL T9x to my already great Tekton Double Impact SE speakers. I have had many nights of listening enjoyment with these speakers. I also have Vandersteen speakers in another setup. I really like both systems. Not sure what is the fuss about Tekton speakers. If you like them great, if you don’t …who is forced to buy them? BTW I have had (as mentioned before) great customer service from the company and Eric as well. I personally believe too many speaker companies are asking too much money for the product and service (or lack of) they provide. Life is too short to get worked about about speakers.

Of course you are correct. The problem, at least from my perspective, is singing accolades ad nauseum regarding the latest and greatest giant killer components. This never ends up being the actual case. Reviewers are among the worst in this regard. 

I would love to demo a pair of Tekton speakers. I don’t know anything about the science of speakers, xover slopes, time alignment or any of that stuff manufacturers load their marketing pitch with, but I do know markup on speakers can be insanely high for some very popular brands. Lets suggest the manufacturer needs to double his manufacture cost to turn a buck. lets say the Salon 2, very popular, costs Revel $5k to make{speculation) they sell to retailer for $10k then have to put an msrp of $20k to entice a retailer to invest in inventory and floor space, not to mention top dollar items don’t really fly out the doors, It’s reasonable to think it’s standard practice. Tekton eliminates the middleman and tbh looks to pass some of the savings on to the consumer. Remember when PS audio went mail order? I kept waiting for the savings to get passed on to the rest of us, but they never did! not a slam on PS audio, just an observation,

I remember raising a family doing carpentry in right to work states and Tekton would have been the only brand [vmps too, back then) I could even dare dream about owning. Polarizing brand for sure.

The more things change the more they stay the same,lol,If I recall the last big debate on this brand( for those not here) we had member MillerCarbon and a select other few  shilling the heck out of Tekton for unknown resaons.Day after day never ending.The owner of the company dove right in the discussion at one point and threatened some individuals if I recall correctly,was big fun watching the hoopla.Anyway I see Tekton is displaying at Axpona 2024 in room 328,for those going see ya there.Cant wait to hear the new offerings this company has........

Post removed