Stay away from the nad

Yesterday the right channel on my NAD C356 went bad just three months after the warranty expired.  75% of the sound shifted to the left. Just out of curiosity, did anyone had a similar problem? I contacted an authorized service center and their estimate was $400.00???
I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING MADE BY NAD. GARBAGE BELONGS TO GARBAGE.
Anyhow, on Monday I will order Accuphase E-270 to put the end to the search for an Integrated amplifier.

djengan

Showing 1 response by ejr1953

Over the years I've owned several NAD components, back to the 1980's and have had minimal problems with the brand.  A receiver I bought years ago had that same problem (one channel suddenly about 25% of the volume of the other), and my M5 Masters Series SACD player had a transport failure (wouldn't open the tray), but other than that, good service from NAD components.
Having said that, I understand that NAD was one of the first audio companies to outsource their manufacturing to "contract" builders.  It would not surprise me that, if you opened two of the same model that the components would be from different suppliers.
I have since upgraded to electronics designed and built in the USA (McIntosh & PS Audio)...and so far (knock on wood), haven't had service issues with either brand.