Spring-Loaded Screw Turns Drywall Into Sound-Absorbing Panels

This looks promising for a 9db reduction in sound escape in homes.

Apparently the spring loaded screw acts as a dampener of sound vibrations that hit a regular dry-wall.In principle, the screw is split in the middle with a spring placed inside. The screw tip goes into the wooden joist, the head holds the plasterboard in place and in between a thin resilient mechanical coupling that prevents the sound waves from advancing is formed.

They have patents and are looking for mass production.https://www.akoustos.se/

I’d certainly consider it for renovations and new builds.
blooloo
Let's think this through. 

The drywall is already tightly screwed to the studs or joists.  The drywall will vibrate based on the dampening effect of the studs or joists, the thickness of the drywall and the size of the open area of the drywall that is not secured against the joists / studs.  Any loosening will just allow the drywall to vibrate even more since it will lose the dampening effect of the joist / stud.

Rather than trying to use the walls to damp reflections, why not try complex diffusers.  Lots of different kinds.  My favorites are artificial Ficus trees.  5 footers work well in my room.  They are about $40 each purchased from the "At Home" store.  I bought about 15 of them and they have killed the sonic problems in my room except for a slight bloom in a narrow band of the bass.  Other A'goners have reported similar positive results.

Double 5/8" sheetrock with green glue sandwiched in the middle. Proven technology. Install it on offset studs or resilient channels with sound isolation clips and that's a good start.
"Quiet Rock" is a sound-deadening drywall that absolutely kills sound transmission.  Expensive, but works incredibly in common-wall situations.  Interestingly, the sound within the room changes as well - like being in an adobe building.  Very little sound reflection.
"Anyone ever see a drywall screw?"

If the word "screw" is used as a noun, yes. If used as a verb, no.
I saw this press release and was thinking of posting it here.   Philip I'm looking at Quietrock and similar alternatives for a room I mix music and play Vdrums in to stop complaints from neighbors.   When I was redoing a kitchen I had the contractor use double walls and green glue in between but I doubt it was installed correctly.  The quiet rock is a much better alternative since it isn't as much installation dependent.