Speakers that are good with tubes

I have see several recommendations against tube amps powering certain speakers. But which speakers are known to really like time amps, especially high powered tube amps?

lewl28

Klipsch KG 4s are a winning hand with tube amps. I sold mine and do miss them now even though I have a set of Klipsch Fortes I and its little brother the Quartets.

@hilde45

You can avoid the output transformer problem altogether by going with an OTL, such as atmasphere, or Futterman.

I use Altec 604Cs - 101db - paired with the NY Audiolab OTL3 version of the Futterman design, converted to triode.

Don’t listen to folks who haven’t tried any given combination. I ran my ATC SCM40 V2’s with a Line Magnetic 805ia and it was bliss—sounded convincingly like ATC’s own P2 which I also owned. There are class a high current tube amps that will drive many of the 6-8 ohm speakers out there easily.

The only thing with tubes is that they tend to lead you down the high efficiency speaker path at some point. I drive my Tannoy Turnberry GR’s with a 14 watt Line Magnetic and my Pure Audio Project Duets with a 1.5 watt SET amp. 

@jchiappinelli   I drive my Triton 1.r's with a VAC Renaissance 70/70 amp @65 WPC, they sound great too!