speakers that are a little laid back in the mids

I'm just curious what full range speaker people have found where the mids, voices etc are not so up front. I have had my share of speakers and some I considered to be very good but over time seem to be on top of you. Not necessarily harsh however. My room is 13 x 16 and I have used tubes and ss.

dpm2340

The key is finding a combination of speakers and amplifier which glorify the midrange not hype it. 

Sophia Electric has some organic sounding amplifiers EL 34 and 300B and more. The devores might be highly resolving and organic. Not a big fan of horn loaded tweeters, they tend not to have the midrange fullness that I appreciate. 

@dpm2340 

I've owned Otello's for over five years and your description of their midrange doesn't match what I hear.  I would suggest however that you get them farther off the wall behind them.  In my current room which is 17'x 26' the fronts are almost 6' off of the wall behind them but in the last room which was only 14' x 17' the fronts were 4' off the wall.  If you haven't, look at the placement calculator online in the newest Othello manual and try those calculations as a starting point. 

Sonus Faber Venere is relaxed quiet a bit in the upper mids/low treble, enough so that some distorted guitars for metal sound overly dark imho. Sounds great on other sources though.

+1 for Vienna Acoustics.  I love mine, have owned them for several years and I don’t see myself selling them. They do so much so well, plus they look great.