Sony or Panasonic 4K Player vs. Magnetar or Reavon Universal Player

My aging Oppo 105 is my source for watching DVDs, Blu-Rays, and listening to multi-channel SACD and DVD-Audio discs. It does not have 4K capability. I am looking to add 4K UHD capability to my system to watch all the great 4K UHD Blu-rays that are being released. My options are to buy a dedicated Panasonic or Sony 4K UHD Player, or to go all in with a Magnetar or Reavon Universal Player. At this point, my Oppo 105 is still working, and I use it to play multi-channel DVD and Blu-ray concerts, SACDs and sometimes DVD-Audio discs. My main digital audio source is my Denon DCD A110 two channel SACD/CD player. I find this source is so good, it presents an impressive soundstage with only two channels. So, do I add a dedicated Sony or Panasonic 4K UHD player, or buy insurance for my Oppo, and add 4K UHD, while retaining the ability to play SACDs and DVD-Audio discs? Here are some of the units I am looking at for this purpose: SONY UBP-X800M2 for around $225.00. Panasonic DP-UB9000P1K Reference Class 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player with HDR10+ and Dolby Vision Playback for about $1,000. Panasonic Streaming 4K Blu Ray Player with Dolby Vision and HDR10+ Ultra HD Premium Video Playback, Hi-Res Audio, Voice Assist - DP-UB820-K for about $450.00. Reavon X200 for about $1,750. Magnetar UDP 800 for $1,599.00. Magnetar UDP 900 for $2,999.00. The costs range from $250.00 to $2,999.00. I have the funds for the flagship Magnetar, but I don’t want to spend that much. Thanks.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrlou77

My Dad has the UB9000. It’s an awesome machine. And it sounds great with CDs and BR Audio  through it’s XLR outputs. Excellent player

I was in a similar situation not long ago, the Oppo was actually starting to have issues with HDMI handshake failing. I was told it would potentially be an expensive fix with no guarantee of success. Went with the UB9000 and have been really happy with it. If we slap an Oppo label on it, you would believe it was a new model from them, it's built really well.

I’ve had Panasonic 820 since its lunch in US and have not had any issues with it. Its online app capabilities are hopelessly outdated from the very beginning but I only use it to play disks. It’s an amazing upscaler. Can play media from usb. Only thing it’s lacking is sacd support. For that I’d go with Sony X800 but I’ve heard that it suffers occasional hang when playing UHD disks. I wouldn’t bother with Oppo at this point. 

The Panasonic is a nice player if you don’t need SACD.  
I saw and ad for Oppo 203 , obviously used, for 3K.  I barely use mine which I bought as a safeguard for my 105 when Oppo announced it was discontinuing players.  My 105 is showing no signs of slowing down (I use it primarily for audio so 4 K isn’t an issue).

I wouldn’t spend 3K for a used Oppo when that will get you 2 new Magnetars.  Same engineers and menus but better parts in the Magnetar