Something strange with imaging

Hello all,

I am using a Kuzma Stabi S turntable with Stogi tonearm and Soundsmith modified Sumiko Blackbird.  I have 2 preamps I use for the player.  An EAR 864 and a Parasound JC3/JC2 combo.  I don't play vinyl often.  Something strange has been happening lately. The image has been pulling to the left.  It happens with both pre-amps. First thought was the cables from the player.  I switched the right to left an left to right.  Low and behold , the imaging was spot on, albeit reversed.  This occurs with both pre-amps. Could it be a stylus azimuth or VTA  issue?  Any thoughts?

olp88

Hi @rauliruegas ,

I checked the tonearm wires and they are correctly attached to the cartridge. 

Hi @yeti42 ,

Correct.  When reversed, image centered.  Back to riginal way round , image again pulls left.

It could be two simultaneous issues. One with a table/arm/cart/cable imbalance and another imbalance with hearing or acoustics. If it sounds balanced when you turn your back to the speakers but not when you face them, it’s not acoustics, it’s your ears. Got ear wax?

Dear @olp88 :  I told you that leave that way, it's spot on with reversed cables. Whay bother about, reversed cables does not makes any harm to what you are listening.

Now, what could be reversed could be the tonearm internal wires but again why bother about when you are listening fine with the reversed cables.

Is up to you.

R.