Snell E type ll crossover rebuild thoughts

I have an original set that I like very much. But am I missing something? They are getting old. I have rebuilt quite a few crossovers (cap replacement). Changing values, circuitry is above my skill level.
I hesitate to go the typical film route.

Has anyone performed this with success? Your advice, thoughts, cautions are as always, appreciated. 
128x128pkvintage
Good to know. Thanks. Nice find to. I picked up mine last year for $500cdn. Delivered. I was happy when they arrived in mint condition. I hooked them up and went Wow!  They sent the An K spe's to the second line. Not by much though. That rear tweeter made the difference. 
The x-overs were built with premium parts. 

And a lot of electrolytics which are now aging.

If it were me, I'd absolutely replace them with modern film or new bi-polars, but as I mentioned above, doing so can be tricky.

Hi pkvintage,
I have Snell E II’s and sent you a PM. Erik gave me guidance when I tackled the crossover. I would follow his advice and replace the capacitor bundle (should be 5.6uf) in series with the tweeter with a good quality film cap (Clarity CSA or CMR and Erik would probably recommend adding a .01uf Audyn True Copper bypass).  Without test equipment I would just replace the old NPE’s with new NPE’s and swap out the sandcast resistors with Mills. 
It sounds like some good advice. Not to invasive. I get them back in my hands June 1st so will diving into them then.

Thanks