Simaudio Moon 740P preamp vs. Ayre KX-5 Twenty

Anybody compared this to Ayre KX-5 Twenty? I really like the Ayre, but I can get a Demo Moon 740P for about $5K locally.

Any other solid state preamp that I should really look at ? I don't like tubes preamps, unless something "hybrid" like PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp.

Thanks!
128x128thyname

Showing 5 responses by thyname

@daI did. The VX-5 Twenty. I am here inquiring about the matching preamp. The KX-5 Twenty 
Oh I am keeping the QX-5 Twenty @david_ten . But I am thinking of running it through a Preamp . Everyone says sounds better that way. Gotta try to know , right?
What would your recommendation have been @david_ten ? I have not bought the Preamp yet
Got it @david_ten ... I often think the same.... going Integrated from the start would have been wise before I am deep in this rabbit hole. Something like Gryphon Diablo and such. Too late now
I went to a Simaudio dealer today. Listened to 740P and a bunch of other Moon gear. Impressive! Although I realize it’s impossible to evaluate a Preamp given it being hooked up to unfamiliar gear and speakers. But it looked handsome and very nicely built. They did have it connected to a monstereous Moon power supply