Should I get an SL-1200G

I have a VPI Aires 3 with 10.5i tonearm and Dynavector XX2 Cartridge .
I purchased it new about 12 years ago .

I'm thinking of getting the new Technics SL-1200G Turntable .
I have another XX2 being retipped at Soundsmith and I will use it on the 1200G .
My question , Will the 1200g sound better or worst or lateral move ?

I am interested in trying a direct drive but only if it sounds better than my VPI .
Has anyone listened to the Aires 3 and 1200G ?

Any comments are appreciated.

abill
Yes , tzh21y , I will keep the Aries , I enjoy it but I also want a direct drive .
Still undecided on what to get .

I just purchased a SL 1200G to replace my 39-year-old SOTA Sapphire turntable w/ Premier FT3 arm (both were in pristine condition). I kept my Hana SL cartridge. 

I can already say that this Technics turntable — expertly set up by my dealer (Sunny Components, Covina, CA) — is unquestionably better than the SOTA. In fact, playing a good record, it is phenomenal.

I recommend its purchase. The SL 1200G is one helluva value!

@abill The tricky variable is the platter pad. Technics uses one that's terrible. If you want to hear what their machines are about you'll need a proper platter pad. The best I've heard so far is made by Oracle. Felt, leather, cork and rubber just don't work because they can't control resonance in the vinyl caused by the cartridge tracking the groove.

Otherwise the SL1200G is one of the best turntables made if cost is no object. The arm competes with many tonearms easily but you can replace it with something else- for example the new Kuzma Safir 9.

@jmeyers "The SL 1200G is one helluva value!” +1

@atmasphere "The tricky variable is the platter pad” agree! I found old Technics SP10MK2 mat (NOS) is the best for 1200G! other good mats  to try are thick SL1200MK4, and  heavy Denon pad, sorry, don’t know model number, nothing printed on it.