Should Amps be plugged into a power conditioner?

Greetings,

After reading about the amplifier hum, it was mentioned that some knowledgeable people say NOT to plug an amp into a power conditioner. Plug it directly into a wall outlet. Thankfully, I do not have a hum issue, but am curious as to what others say about where to plug your amp into. 

Thank you!

jgjg123

Luv the atmosphere comments and his knowledge has always seemed more valuable and correct to me wish more manufacture would comment without bias like he has done 

I've used power conditioners for a long time from an Adcom ACE 515 (still in my video system) to my current Bryston BIT-15. I always plug the power amp into the outlets designed for them as I like a single switch that turns the entire system on...power amp last on and first off using the amp's switch (the Bryston doesn't have the ability to do this itself). No hum, everything dynamic as it should be with zero difference between plugging the power amp into the wall or the conditioner (yeah, I checked that out). I use one of the "garden hose" Pangea AC cables for the Bryston.

I have found that the common suggestions about amps and power conditoners etc. are suggestions not rules. I configure my system and then listen to it. Sounds so basic, but I haven't always done my due diligence. I did listen to my Griffon EVO plugged into my Everest and then alternatively directly into two didicated lines. It sounded better directly from the wall, more present. Three weeks ago I tested the new 30 amp version of the Shunyata Typhon. First using one with both EVO power cords into the same Typhon, then using two Typhons each with the twist lock 30 amp umbilical and my other components plugged into the duplex outlets on the back of the Typhons. This configuration opened up the sound along with other sound improvments that I cannot unhear. The final solution I picked was two Typhons with umbilical cords that are plugged into the Swiss Digital fuse system, then from that box to the amp is an Audioquest Dragon High current power cord into the Amp. This solution is expensive, but has totally changed my sound to one I find grain and harsh free.

The point of my rant is to try as many combinations as you have the patience and resources to try. The engineer types are right most of the time, but the output is what we are after as determined by our own ears. 

Ralph, would appreciate your opinion on my situation. My system's power is supplied by an EQUI=TECH 5Kva wall unit running six dedicated lines, two to the front end, four to the amps (Audiopax M100 monoblocks)  and REL Subs. Am able to dedicate each outlet to one amp and one sub. 

Run the front end through the two lines near the rack. In the case of the phono pre the line is filtered again through a BPT 3.5 sig plus in series with the ET wall unit. Do you estiimate this setup to be optimal. The general wall outlets are daisy chained so obviously subject to noise polution.

@atmasphere 

Current limiting starts at the power cord. Any time you have a glorified power strip, like so many so-called 'power conditioners' seen marketed to the high end audio community, the power cord it uses will have a voltage drop.

is a strip acceptable for all but the amp, or are you saying that everything should plug directly into the wall?