Seeking Opinion on Marantz PM5005

Marantz PM5005 is too tempting for entry level, I want user's opinion is it class A OR AB not claimed although 300watt power consumption.listening test & measurements.
ashoka
Well we all started somewhere but this is the very lowest rung of mass market consumer gear. Save up some more money until you can buy something worth keeping. 
I t is a Class A/B amplifier putting out ~50wpc. The 5005 is made in China, the 6006 and higher ups in that line are made in Japan.
I would hold out for the PM8006. Much better build quality and power, made in the Japanese Marantz Reference factory. You could look for a 8005 version used and it should be fine if well cared for. Used to be able to get them occasionally from accessories4less.com for a good price.

Hey, 
I was also fixed at first on getting this rather humble Marantz PM5005 due to the budget constraints. I am looking for a pure stereo setup just to listen to music but then again, as per theory the primary component being the speakers, I shifted more than half my budget towards the (bookshelf) speakers only. It is tempting yes, but in the long run I would suggest to invest in the upper model for the amplifier. This is what I was suggested by Jenny Jose when I enquired about it at Bass n Treble, based in New Delhi. I am in the same situation as you and If I go up a notch I know I'll be having a peace of mind. 
Since it is recent query from your side, I suppose you have not come to any conclusion yet. Let me know in case you have found a good combo. I also need the same assistance.