Reynaud Bliss Jubile vs Cantabile Jubile

Has anyone here heard the latest iterations of these two soeakers and can describe the differences. I've read Bob Neill's write-up of these two on his website, but the descriptions are a bit hard for me to grasp, perhaps not specific enough for me. They're also written by someone who is trying to sell them. I'd like to hear from those who might not have as much of stake in the game. Bob does think the Cantabile is the better speaker, but is it a small improvement or a significant one? 

It's also hard to find reviews on these. There are a couple out the, but not comparing to each other. 

Thanks for any insights here. 

analogj

I now have the Cantabile Jubile, just took delivery today. The Bliss were so wonderful I am now exploring the line. The CJs are showing the SAME limitations upon breaking them in. Tight, stiff, congested on certain passages, occasionally shouty. Sound stage a little strained maybe not as wide. But this time around I have the confidence to know this is just a difficult speaker to break in that just doesn’t sound great out of the box. But once they break in, they are hands-down the BEST value in speakers on the market today. I have owned Wilson Sabrina X and I am already hearing signs with these CJs they will surpass those speakers, which are 4x the cost.

I have them broken in, they’re wonderful...Livlier than the Bliss for sure, and the mid range is still to die for similar to the bliss but more real-life. The one thing I would like to have more of is bass. It tends to be overall a tigher, cleaner bass presentation with the Cantabile so it can make the mind think there is a lack of bass. It’s there on some recordings, to the extent I can feel it in my chest, but on others I wish I had a looser bass response. Chubbier bass. This speaker doesn’t really reproduce chubby bass very well, but it’s not a deal breaker. I think it’s a result of the slimmer design and smaller drivers.

Overall it’s a spectacular speaker, definitely more resolving than the bliss, better imaging, lush mid range, spooky dynamics, and sparkling, non-fatiguing, highs. Wonderful speaker that dances. I think if you want deeper bass (Im referring to it as chubbier, looser bass) you go to the Orfeo.

Based on my experiences with six pairs of Reynaud speakers, currently Bliss Jubilee and Abscisse Jubilee, Reynaud's don't do "chubbier" bass at any level. They will do more with the Abscisse, Voce Grande and the two Orfeo versions but it it still won't be "chubbier."  Those models will certainly go deeper than your Cantabile but the "character" of the bass won't be different.  What you will lose though as you go up the line from your speaker is the character from the silk dome tweeter as it's replaced by the AMT of the higher models.  From my experience those models require a bit more careful planning in terms of what's in front of them.  And though still front ported they require a bit more breathing room.

@jackd

Thank you for your reply I was actually going to reach out from a post of yours in another thread. My room has me sitting about 8-9 feet from the speakers just to give you an idea of that aspect of the system. Picture a rectangle and the system sits on one of the long walls and the listening position on the other...I am curious on the tweeter on the Abscisse as some have characterized it as bright, which is why I went with the Cantabile in the first place, but I am questioning whether I could have got a little more bass out of a higher model. I have a chance to sell my Cantabile to a friend who loves them as much as I do but want to make sure it’s not a lateral move.

I assume you’ve owned the silk dome in the past so can speak to the differences of the two in terms of the planning you mentioned.