Reynaud Bliss Jubile vs Cantabile Jubile

Has anyone here heard the latest iterations of these two soeakers and can describe the differences. I've read Bob Neill's write-up of these two on his website, but the descriptions are a bit hard for me to grasp, perhaps not specific enough for me. They're also written by someone who is trying to sell them. I'd like to hear from those who might not have as much of stake in the game. Bob does think the Cantabile is the better speaker, but is it a small improvement or a significant one? 

It's also hard to find reviews on these. There are a couple out the, but not comparing to each other. 

Thanks for any insights here. 

analogj

Showing 3 responses by jc51373

@mskochman 

I have the Bliss and one of the standout attributes to me is how well they do ALL sorts of music..Except for maybe some metal, but all that music was recorded like sh*t so I think it's more that than the speaker. 

I can't speaker for the CJs but I would imgine they are sounds like the Bliss but better. Might be placement or they are pressurizing a small room too much? 

I just took delivery of the JMR Jubilee Bliss (with magic stands) a few days ago, maybe 20 hours on them thus far. Initial impressions were they were nice right out the box, but were stiff. All the things you mentioned about the tweeter and shoutiness I am experiencing myself. I messed with positioning and find they are better spaced further apart, like 7-8 apart, with only a slight toe inward. For now I am attributing all of this to break in and hoping it improves. If not, I move them along. 

The real issue for me is I can't accelerate break in time since I don't have any digital source, I am 100% analog. So if I am not spinning a record I am not breaking them in. 

How are yours sounding now that you've had time with them? 

Reporting back that after some time breaking these speakers in all that shoutiness went away and they sound simply wonderful. Break in is real, and with these speakers it's real LONG. Once they are burned in though they are simply the best monitors I have heard to date.