Revel Salon 2 speakers

Over the past 20 years or so, I've owned a number of very high-end, full-range, floor standing speakers, including a pair of Salon 1 speakers (which were phenomenal as well).  But the Salon 2s are, overall, the best I've ever owned.  I've also owned Magnepan, Acoustat, Avantgarde, PBN Audio Montana, PBN Audio Montana/Quintessence Audio, B&W, Von Schweikert, Analysis Audio ribbon speakers, Infinity, Silverline and Martin Logan.  Still, after all these years, you simply cannot beat the Salon 2s, from top-to-bottom, for anywhere near it's asking price or for tens of thousands of  dollars more.  The Salon 2s are an absolute game-changer, reference level, world-class caliber speaker!!!  I just laugh at the astronomically high prices that current speakers cost compared to what I paid for the Salon 2s, when it comes to price-to-performance.  I see all the new speakers at Audio shows and also at my local dealers, and, yes, they do sound fabulous.  But 50k for a stand mount bookshelf??????  Unreal.  Even for it's retail price, I believe that the Salon 2 speakers are still one of the very best values on the market.  It was the Salon 2 speakers that finally quenched my speaker thirst and took me off the speaker "Merry-Go-Round."   That goodness!!!               

kennymacc

I don't want to poop on a salon 2 parade, but these speakers have been out for over 15 years and I've not seen another brand so strongly pushed on the web. Revel/samsung employees are probably worried for their jobs and coached up to go home and say something positive about the brand. I don't care for the 228/328 be as replacements to the ultima line because the cabinets are noisy and draw my attention back to the speakers. If I had $11k and was picking a brand new pair of 328be or salon 2's d go salon 2 and a hi power amp every time, but can we cancel the monthly salon 2 parade, it is so stale?

steve59, We all have our own preferences and opinions, and I welcome yours.  However, you’re missing the point here. As noted, I’m fully aware of the Salon 2s age. Also, although there’s been a new line introduced (228/328), fact is, they’re not designated as replacements for the older Ultima line. My point, simply, based upon the Salon 2s price-to-performance factor, compared to todays current speakers, even after 15 years, they still represent an outstanding value for the money. Have you ever heard the phenomenal Salon 2 speakers? I would be willing to bet that you haven’t. Stereophile Magazine, probably the most venerable and highly-regarded High End Audio publications on the planet, still, yes, 15 years after it’s introduction, are on Stereophiles, full Range speakers, Class-A Recommendation list. This is quite a feat, and a true testament as to the longevity and greatness of the Salon 2s, especially considering their age. Just take a gander at the company the Salon 2s are keeping on that Class-A list. Amazing!!! There are those of us Audiophiles who don’t have "deep-pockets" and seek out bang-for-the-buck items on the market, which the Salon 2s are a prime example of. "Cancel the monthly Salon 2 parade?" Don’t hate.

Revel/samsung employees are probably worried for their jobs and coached up to go home and say something positive about the brand. 

Cool story bro

LOL Pay to Play.

Stereophile Magazine, probably the most venerable and highly-regarded High End Audio publications on the planet, still, yes, 15 years after it’s introduction, are on Stereophiles, full Range speakers, Class-A Recommendation list.

That's because John Atkinson loves them and I heard him mention them briefly once at RMAF as one of the very best of all time, regardless (years ago of course). For him they were simply a superb speaker. They are great to this day, and a value, even when brand new.

Getting Salon IIs at $11k should make you think you robbed the bank! :-) Enjoy them!