Remote Volume Control for a Sub Woofer

Hello All,

I was looking for a past post I read where people were recommending remote volume controls for a sub but couldn't find it.  Some good recommendations were given and I was hoping that those that responded, and also others who could recommend, might respond to this post.  I have limited space to place my sub.  It now resides under a desk.  It's an RSL Speedwoofer.  Some music plays with too much bass on it, and some not enough.  Being that the sub's controls are on the rear of the unit I find myself having to lay on my back, under the desk, to make adjustments.  Then, I crawl out and hope the adjustment is to my liking.  What a pain!  I was almost going to post a question to see if anyone knew of a good preamp, with a sub out jack, that would have a separate sub volume control on it's front panel.  I've never seen one.  Anyway, the idea of placing a volume control, with a hand held remote, between my preamp's (an NAD C 165BEE) sub out jack and my subwoofer greatly appealed to me.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

nortonrider

Some music plays with too much bass on it, and some not enough.

This is a good indicator that you may have excess bass peaks. If you could trim them you would probably be happy with a wider variety. Any decent DSP based EQ should work. Some also have built in IR controls. Look at miniDSP for an outboard unit or see if your music playback includes a flexible EQ solution already.

Thanks all.  I appreciate your responses.

Not a stupid question, dcmtwowner1979.  I do have all that you mentioned on my preamp, however I was hoping to be able to control the amount/volume of bass going to my sub without affecting my main speakers.

Yogiboy, you just gave me an easy solution.  I previously purchased a Schitt Sys, but ended up not needing it.  It's been sitting in a drawer!  Now I have a use for it.  Thanks!

Thanks for the recommendations on the other subs (SVS and REL).  I was not looking forward to replacing the sub I have, however I am planning on putting together another system so I will take a close look at these two.

Back in the day recordings were the way they were, some had lots of bass and some had little bass. We just set up our system and left it alone. We just accepted some recordings were better than others. My Velodyne 12 inch is set where it is and I don't often change it but you sure do get tempted to bump the bass on some recordings.

Just insert a remote volume control if that’s what you want.

MCM 50-8394 works for me.