Qualities Of An End-game System

Qualities of an end game system: 

- Speakers disappear

- The room disappears

-  The listener disappears, his mind is shut down/gone.

- There is nothing left but the perception of falling into an abyss filled with music. 

- The listener doesn't know where any of the music came from, but, it is all inside of him. Sex, drugs, etc can't come even remotely close to such an experience of pure audio nirvana.

If your system can't do that (whatever it may be), you have no end game.

deep_333
Post removed 

For non-audiophiles an end game system is what they now have until it quits working. For audiophiles, an end game system is mostly elusive. We always need a little more or something else. satisfaction is fleeting for many, if not, most

My end game definition is when I close my eyes , I am no longer listening to a stereo system. But Iam right there on the actual venue of the concert hall.I no longer thinking of buying anymore gear or cables.Much like looking forward to buy more music.

"End Game" seems like a variable term defined by expectations. reaching expectations is the end. so my ’end game’ would be different than yours.

There is a catch there...Expectations may be dependent on what a listener may have had prior exposure to, what he even knew is possible (or exposure to something that gave him a feel for what is possible). If he didn’t have any concept of what is possible, he wouldn’t know any better.

The perception of disappearing speakers is fairly easy for someone who’s been around (knows some stuff). Making the room disappear takes more work, investigations into room acoustics, planning and investment, as you may know.

Making the listener himself disappear/shutting his mind’s nonsense down.....making the actor recede so only the act remains requires something serious. Throwing cash at anything/spending cash in the wrong places doesn’t get one there.