Puron Plug-In AC Power Conditioner; Impressions 😁

Over the past 4 months, I kept seeing threads about Puron, but never clicked on the posts as I didn’t really have a clue what they were, and I was so enamored in the performance I was getting with my Swiss Digital Fuse Boxes! Another reason the thread didn’t catch my attention, was I had already implemented a top-notch power line conditioner and this device took my system to a height unimaginable; reducing floor noise to pitch-black backgrounds and rendering ambiance and decay information effortless.

Curiosity got the best of me, and I just had to see what this device was all about… I thought to myself, surely there is nothing out there that can make my pitch-black backgrounds even blacker.

After reading a few threads about Puron and responses from a few fellow Audiophile buddies, I was surprised and elated that Mark from VERA-Fi Audio had come out with another cutting-edge product based upon science. I did a little more homework to determine the consensus on which positions these Puron devices needed to be plugged into.

I reached out to Mark again, who has been Amazing and Generous with his time in explaining some of the attributes of the Puron Plug-In AC Power Conditioner. I knew from that moment, that I would order 2 Puron devices so that I could rule out the possibilities of a blacker background and if this was even a thing?

Shortly after my conversation with Mark, I received shipment notification that the devices were on their way; That’s Top-Notch Customer Service and Lightning-Fast Shipping!

I received the Puron Plug-In AC Power Conditioners and plugged one into the first position of my line conditioner and had my initial listening observation with just 6 hours of use and from my readings, 24+ hours is when this device really starts to excel. I wished I would have read those Puron threads 4 months ago.😊😊

I searched my streaming device (Wood Cabinet) for a few of those silver shiny devices that spins by way of a CD Transport. Cued up some tracks of the music I typically listen to and primarily resolves around acoustic instruments. Did my black background become more blacker? You bet and my ears could not believe what they were hearing. The music took on another level of dimensionality, the sound became fuller, more clarity/warmth, tighter image focus, soundstage became deeper/wider and my Loudspeakers which were already holographic took on another level of Chameleonism. (I made that up) 😆

Still shaking my head, I decided to add the second Puron to my main receptacle feeding my line conditioner and the second Puron took things even further which is quite mind boggling; the sound stage became even wider and deeper, but the sound became more Life-Like. The acoustic guitar occupied a space that was so convincing and realistic that you could reach out and touch… I wasn’t just hearing the neck of the guitar but the body as well; the tone and resonance of the guitar was so beautiful and the Puron allowed the notes to swell and project toward the listener with speed, impact, clarity and the decay and ambiance retrieval were exemplary.

The reduction in floor noise and clarity was obvious upon install but as you begin to listen to more tracks, you start to notice more of the instruments body, a much more open soundstage with more light being shined behind the corners of the Loudspeakers, nuances of texture and solidity of image focus, mimics the event of a live performance…

The Purons have been in my system for over 120 hours and all of the attributes listed above remains but now, my system is sounding more refined, better delineations, the strings of the guitar, whether played softly or forcefully, are presented with greater separation, clarity and with distinction; you can almost feel the emotions of the performer…There is a feeling of more space within the soundstage but it’s the layering within the soundstage that must be noted. Each instrument is clearly displayed within its own space and the listener can discern these differences effortlessly without the performer’s notes merging into one another. Sustainment and decay of notes have improved dramatically which lingers and fades into a black hole of silence and aids in the feeling of listening to a live performance.

My dealings with Mark at VERA-Fi Audio have been “Outstanding” and look forward to more products that comes down the audio pike. I can say without hesitation that I wholehearted Recommend that you try these Puron Plug-In AC Power Conditioners in your system; you won’t be disappointed 😁

128x128wig

Adding on more Puron , like Wig said it made the sound more smoother , more air and  more  refined.Two Puron with furutech pin and one HF MC 0.5 connected to my wisdom ES 10 power strip .

When a poster with Wig’s credibility is impressed with a lower cost tweak, I took notice.

Have a dedicated 20Amp line, boutique outlet, premium power cords, PPT mats and contact enhancer, Puritan PSM136 power conditioner with ground master and seperate ground rod. Thought my noise floor and black background was fairly well set.

Added 2 Puron’s, one to the boutique outlet, one to the first position of the PSM136. .

Very impressive improvement, images more clearly defined, bigger soundstage, yada yada. Possibly the best bang for buck improvement in cleaning up my power and I'm on a power grid with very few houses and a new electric panel.

Primarily based on the rave online reviews, I recently purchased 5 Puron filters to use across my two HiFi systems.  In both systems, I noticed more ease and naturalness to the sound.  It's something you can't adequately describe unless you hear it for yourself.

My TV is also located in the same room as my family room system.  The most surprising benefit was how much my picture quality improved.  Sharper imaging and brighter colors were readily noticeable within 24 to 48 hours.  It was comparable to getting a new TV.  I have also experienced much greater clarity in television dialogue through my A/V receiver.

On a final note, Walter at Underwood was a pleasure to deal with when ordering the Puron filters.  I would happily do business with him again.

@richmon 

Thank you for your kind words. 😊 When I find something that is economical and hit way above its price-point, I try to inform my Audiophile buddies of a product that may yield a positive impact in their system.

Good to hear you are enjoying your system with those awesome Purons.

Wig

Like others, I've had great results with Purons plugged into unused outlets of dedicated AC lines and the first position of Puritan PSM156 conditioners across three stereo systems.

The biggest improvement I've heard is in the recording studio (Michael Greene tunable room); 60A dedicated sub panel, 10AWG dedicated AC line into another Puritan PSM156 conditioner. Remarkable improvement, easily heard through ATC SCM20ASL Pro mkII active studio monitors.