PS Audio M700 with the Vandersteen 2ci

Hi, I was wondering if anyone used a pair of PS Audio M700 with the Vandersteen 2ci? What I have researched is that the M700 has a class A pre with a class D output.

Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64

The 2C models are generally easy to drive.
You may have better input on the Vandersteen forum, hwoever only a limited few people have used Class-D.

I tried a cheap Class-D ($70 AIYAMA) and found it was pretty good… actually surprisingly good… after making sure it worked, I then moved it to a surround channel.

Is that the M700 mono blocks? … or is there an integrated M700?

The other usual high-end suspects are Atmasphere, and the Hypex, Purify derivatives… Appolon, Boxem, March Audio, Nordost (sp?), etc…

30 dB of gain is a fair amount.
Many amp use ~26dB gain for RCAs, and ~20dB for balanced.

Is your source balanced (XLR)?

I will be using the RCA input. @fuzztone  yes I was referring the gain stage in an amp topology.

I don’t know about the 700 but I ran the s300 which is similar class D design.  I fronted it with a tube Pre and it gave me years of trouble free enjoyment. Ran nice and cool. 

I’m auditioning an Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra stereo amp right now with Vandersteen 3a Signatures.  It’s a great pairing.  It’s the first class D amp I’ve ever had in my system and it’s a very good amp.  The amp provides some of he best bass notes I’ve heard in my room and vocals and other instruments sound as good if not better than other amps I have (McCormack DNA-1, Belles monoblocks).  To be honest it just sounds like a good amp.  I’ve read other posts where people talk about class D like it’s such a different sound. That’s not my experience with the Starkrimson Ultra.  Considering how new GanFet tech is, it’s pretty remarkable that it’s this good.  

Have had three pairs of Vandies, driven by a variety of amps. 

They sounded good with everything.

They should sound good with your PS Audio.

@tomcarr I agree with you on different amps with the Vandersteen speakers. They are easy the drive which makes it easy to use various amps, maybe even with tubes. My B&K amp make them sound great.