PS Audio Aspen FR20: Planar Floorstanding Speakers

128x128leadcrew

steve59 - No doubt anything before the lockdowns was one of the "False Starts" PS Audio has admitted to during their lengthy process of launching a speaker line. I'm guessing those had more Arnie Nudell influences... whereas their current speaker line really looks to be more of Chris Brunhaver's designs and concepts.

I heard the pre-pandemic prototypes at RMAF. The FR-20s are much better speakers. I would not have purchased the prototypes. I love the FR-20s driven by all PS Audio electronics. I am using speaker cables, unlike the print ad photos.

Paul McGowan has been reborn since the Aspens came out!

Paul has always stood out as one of the nicest guys out there in high end audio (up there with Andrew Jones).

I heard the fr30 in their listening room and they are very good, a home run for McGowan. I personally would match those speakers with some other electronics though (not ps audio's stuff).

First of all, they are not planar loudspeakers. Magnapan 3,7i is a planar loudspeaker and will present a more realistic sound stage because it is a dipole and interacts less with the room. It is also a much better value. At about the same price the 20.7 will run circles around the Aspens. You can’t put the Aspens in the same room as any Wilson or Magico floor stander.