Power cord upgrade

I want to upgrade power cords for my streamer, Aurender A15 which currently has a Shunyata v14 digital.

And Puritan 156 which has the classic cord it comes with.

I believe in system synergy, so I am leaning towards Transparent, and/or Audioquest.

I have ARC ref5se with the Transparent Reference, and ref75se with the AQ Hurricane.

Guess my thought is the streamer and 156 PC are maybe a bottleneck. Won't know without trying, right? I am satisfied with the over all sound now, so looking for more of it. Make any sense??

128x128skids

How many who swap out a Cable and report back immediately about noticeable change, actually revisit the comparisons between the Older in use > Newer in use cable to learn where the real differences are to be found. The more a Cable Signal, Solder and the selected Connector 'Burn In', is the only time the final analysis of the differences are going to be found.

Under the guidance of @slaw  statement " Personal experience is everything ".

My own experiences of exchanging a Cable/Signal Path Wire, is that depending on the Audio System in use. The very noticeable changes that may have been detected are diminished following comparisons where a period of 'Burn In' has been able to occur. The outcome during the comparison, is where personal preference for a particular trait the cable is able to produce will be the attraction. A Bass Note might be a little bit tidier and decay with more realism, a Vocal might push out with a little more forwardness in the Mid Range, either of these will/will not be an attractor to all, each are unique in the end sound and structure of the sound they like. 

Different Cables, when becoming a 'Burnt In' Cable, that is used for a comparison.  Do become much closer in their end sound when heard side by side using the same devices being coupled with the Cables and same Tracks replayed.

I am having access to devices with different resolving capabilities and can say with certainty, relying on the use of my ears only, the less the detail resolving capability of a device or system, will put in place difficulties for detecting a difference between differing cables end sound. The detection of end sound differences remains difficult, even when a single device which is poor at resolving detail, is in use in a system that has supporting devices that are extremely good at resolving detail.

For somebody on a tight budget and using a Audio System that does not resolve the intricate detail from a recording, the idea of making a Cable change will in my view  be premature and not too rewarding/not rewarding at all. The monies considered being used, might be better put aside towards devices that can resolve intricate details better. 

The good thing is that there are very cheap methods out there to experience Cables in use, to learn if monies are worth parting with. Loaners,  30 Day Money Back Guarantees, Used sale Items, especially a good option if a vendor agrees to a trial period as part of the sale, don't ask, don't get. Any of these options will get Cables in ones possession with little risk to their monies, enabling one to gather experiences and underpin the idea of whether a purchase is worthwhile being  made.     

@pindac Well said.

I believe the naysayers systems just are not resolving enough to hear the differences. I know I started out that way. Proof was in the pudding once I made a major jump in equipment.

Again appreciate everyone's input, and am surprised at how long this thread stayed alive.

I believe the naysayers systems just are not resolving enough to hear the differences. I know I started out that way. Proof was in the pudding once I made a major jump in equipment.

@1971gto455ho 

@jasonbourne71 

@classicrockfan 

You guys read that above? 

Again appreciate everyone's input, and am surprised at how long this thread stayed alive.

You can thank the guys above for keeping the cables threads alive. I think they must all be cable bi-curious. 

Rather Presumptuous Slightly insulting that aside for one I’m not impressed at all with your Status.  Bragging rights can be commendable I for one comparably don’t see you there. Bells and whistles empty cases and cable risers… It is what it is.

Cheers