People complain about lack of bass, not enough mid range. Solution?

So I've read that when people change their systems they're unhappy with the bass and then when they get more bass, they have a problem with the mids not being as vibrant.

So why is all this happening? Is it because Single amplifiers supplying a multi driver speaker create chaos between the drivers with all the feedback and whatever.

doesn't this speak to merits of a biamp solution? I've been biamping for the past several months and the sound quality is remarkable. There's plenty of power across all drivers and they all seem to have independent freedom they didn't have before. No issues I can discern anymore aside from Recording quality issues.

are people living with inherent mediocrity even when they're spending a lot of money on pretty components.

emergingsoul

As a starting point rule of thumb, you want the distance between the tweeters to be about 83% of the distance from your ear to either tweeter.  (Unless you have one of those rare speakers designed to be in a corner or against the wall.)

Most speakers need to be at least 2 feet from the wall, up to about 5 feet, unless you've got a huge room.  So maintaining the 83% ratio, experiment with moving the speakers in that 2-5 feet from the wall range.

Unless something is damaged or mis-wired in your speakers, speaker placement is 90% of the ball game in getting frequency response right.

I just spent a few days playing with different component positions of power cables - (Shunyata Delta NR v2's and Level 3 Anticables) plus fiddling with the controls on REL S812 subwoofers - all this after doing some room treatment. Quite amazing what can be done by judicious experimenting and shuffling about with these variables.

I added a pair of REL SHO subwoofers and it totally changed things.  Their high level connection allows them to play as  woofers to fill in the bass after dialing them in.

Ok, I get it now. No room acoustic treatments needed and bi-amping is the key. I'm doing it all wrong.

@baylinor Heh heh.  As my buddy who’s a computer consultant used to say about his more tech-challenged clients — We’re dealing with about 100 megabytes of RAM here.