Opinions - The Absolute Sound

I recently recieved an offer in the mail for a year of The Absolute Sound for $14.95. I've never had a subscription to an audiophile type magazine and am wondering if it's worth getting for this, or any, price.
mceljo
Seems appropriate to ask opinions on an audio mag here.

I prefer Stereophile, for the measurements and the detailed set-up information, both of which AS lacks. I think these omissions contribute to the slightly lightweight vibe of AS, since the (almost invariably positive) "verdict" often seems to me less useful than other info in a review.

That said, Mceljo, I think most hobbyists would get a CDs worth of pleasure from a year of either mag.

John
Imo, both tas and stereophile claim this current product they are reviewing is the best they ever heard, in their own room and setup, even if their setup isn't the same when they reviewed the 1st product. Laughable sometimes. Better reads are hifi+, tone, and absolute audiophile. I am converting all my subscriptions to the ipad version which is much cheaper and more convienient.
I find looking at my Back-Issues for Used Equipment purchases helpful [ usually 3-10 year old stuff ] .

Reviews that I paid little attention to when the Mags [ AS & Stereophile ] first arrived are relevant .

Also Software Reviews can be helpful .
For $12.97 you can subscribe to Stereophile.

Save $2 for the same BS and arrogance.

The free market concept is alive and well.
I used to read it 20+ years ago. Since the hobby is purely subjective, what's the point; HP's opinion is as relevant as my local butcher's (though since the butcher is 40+ years younger, he technically has better hearing). There are numerous online resources which give you nice glossy pictures of recently released audio products, and there are certainly better e-zines and blogs regarding music of all types.

Talk, listen, form your own opinions as to what you value in audio equipment (or anything in life). Everything else is merely pissing in the wind...