Nuforce STA200

I am curious about the Nuforce STA200 amplifier  If anyone has experience with the amp it would be appreciated if you would share your listening impressions, both good and bad.  Some of the descriptions I have read classify it as a class AB amp and others a class D amp.  I am not technical savvy about these things, can a single amplifier be both? 
Thanks
George
jetter
I bought a STA200 and have about 5 hours of listening into it. Using on 86db/6ohm speakers and coming from a well respected chip amp. First thing I noticed was the impact this amp has at higher volumes.Very dynamic and lively -  it is meant to be played loud!  However, highs are a bit strident / grainy and bass/mid-bass is a little too exaggerated and loose (on my speakers).  I have a feeling the 60hz-200hz range is somehow accentuated on this amp.  These faults are easily overlooked when the volume turns up and you start "feeling" the music. It's dynamics & speed are addictive.  I wonder how much improvement could be had with a 2nd unit in a vertical bi-amp set-up...my rational self thinks it may not be worth it for a 10% subjective improvement in performance.  I will continue to listen for improvement as the amp breaks in.
A couple hundred hours for break in. Leave it on, continuously, with music playing through it, if possible. The question of vertical bi-amp....I feel it is significant, but this goes with many dual amps I have had experience with. As far as a purchase, making any percentage of improvement, well, this is all part of our industry. It is a great amp, at the selling price, for many systems, and not the best, for others. System matching is still very important. 
TOO MUCH GAIN. Even with my McCormack passive preamp I can't turn my volume knob past the 10 o'clock position without leaving the room holding my ears.  There is no need for a preamp. All you need is a attenuator between your source and the amp. 
I have one driving my Klipsch Forte II speakers.  They are 8-ohm and have 99dB sensitivity.  It runs cool.  I WONDER if they could handle the 4 ohm JBL L-100 Classics? 
Just like Job amps, as long as your speakers don’t fall much below or preferably not lower than 3 ohms, you’ll be fine. 
Post removed 

Well, I have been rotating amps in my collection, to determine which I should sell, and which to keep. I am still amazed, listening with the Nuforce STA 200 in my system. I cannot complain about it, tear it apart, want for anything. It does not have a house sound, and best, it gives an impression of the best of tubes and ss, in my system. Because I use a passive pre, it is extremely synergistic with the rest of my system, and simply works. It allows me to enjoy listening, which it is all about. It has been in my system for a month now, and I am doing fine. My best to all !. MrD.

I also have a STA-200. Don't use it often and when I do it is paired with a simple single input boxed attenuator due to it's having too much gain. Given it was discounted to $400 it can be classified as great return on investment when paired with a passive pre and a true 8ohm speakers (rated 80wpc into either 8 or 4 ohms).

Redundancy can be useful at times :-).