No discussion about the Synergistic Pink fuse?

I can't believe my eyes.

The pink fuse is not a joke either. Although it sounds like one after Quantum, Black, Blue, Orange, Purple, Master... did I miss something?

fynnegan

I prefer Magic beans, toss em out the window and bam..all will see the vine to wealth.

Cheers

@tonywinga Cool, and sadly expensive, that you were able to dissect a couple of tubes.  

It would be nice if the filament were some highly conductive audiophile wire, but generally it has to be something with a low melting point, like lead and tin.

If anyone has an audiophile fuse that is blown and they want to donate it to science, send it to me, I will dissect it and try to test the filament by spectroscopy to see what metal it is.  I will also try to measure it, I have an optical micrometer.

Jerry

……when they do make the rainbow fuse, I hope that they indicate which direction you put it in.  

@captaindidactic  Your report that bypsass (putting a jumper or slug in) resulted in much better sound is totally consistent with my experience.  

I don't think audiophile fuses can ever approach the performance of a jumper.  Fuses have to blow and to blow they have to have a significant resistance and low melting point.   Jumpers don't have to blow. 

The real answer is replace your fuse with a breaker, thus the SDFB which will outperform any audiophile fuse.

Jerry

carlsbad2, I know.  The first rule of hifi fuses:  You blow ‘em you’ve bought ‘em.  When I get a chance, I’ll look to see if I still have one my blown fuses lying around.  Destructive testing is my favorite.,

Btw- I didn’t hear a difference with hifi fuses in my amps but a hifi fuse in my previous DAC made a difference.