New, Very Interesting CD Transport

On John Darko's website today we learn of the brand new Shanling ET3 CD Transport. And for $729 USD it looks really capable. Top loading with Philips SAA7824 drive. AES/EBU, coaxial, TOSLINK and I2S digital outputs. Plus Wifi and Bluetooth. USB to connect to a external HD and built in upsampling, too. It even will output digital to USB for connection to a DAC but not with upsampling.

Here's the skinny:

https://darko.audio/2023/06/shanlings-et3-cd-transport-comes-with-two-twists/

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcreativepart

I wish my auditory neurons were cardboard like Jason's.  Would have saved me a lot of money.  My system is highly resolving and can make grown men cry.  I have used multiple CD transports and though the differences are not always huge, none of the sounded the same.  Kinda like giving a pitmaster a rack of ri s and a backyard grill hack one.  When done, they should taste the same cause they were both racks of ribs.  

jaymark

I wish my auditory neurons were cardboard like Jason's. Would have saved me a lot of money.

Probably Jason and you hear very similarly on a physiological level, but he enjoys not hearing a difference. That may be due solely to confirmation bias, something of which he's aware but misunderstands.  Meanwhile, he enjoys trying to shame those who do detect differences. It's what he does.

Guys,

Did you listen to ET3 transport yourself?

Ho can you judge any piece of equipment just by retail price?

My experience shows there is not price- sound quality correlation in audio equipment.

Especially if you go to vintage equipment, China audio or use DIY equipment. 

I had a DAC of one famous British company for 5 years. I bought a new Chinese DAC on 1/4 price. And it owerperformed my British DAC by big a margin. 

I am once again thinking to buy a ET3. Any current 411 would be appreciated