New Synergistic Product: Tuning Discs

I was lucky enough to be asked to try out a prototype of a new Synergistic Research product. For now, I think they are calling it a Tuning disc.

What it looks like is a small wafer (smaller than a dime and is very thin). They are either in gold or purple tops and are attached using some tacking substance. I placed 2 on top of my Shunyata Sigma V2 interconnects.

I wasn’t expecting much but whoa, did these things work! First, I tried the purple on my interconnects and boy did the soundstage widen with lots of air.

Then I tried the gold discs and though the sound stage shrunk perhaps a little but the naturalness of the music was fantastic!

Hard to believe that these things work so well, I am really impressed.

ozzy

128x128ozzy

So soon after I received the couple purple and gold dots, I asked SR if I could get a couple more to experiment with other equipment and combos.

Today, to my surprise I did get a couple more to try.

So, first off, I found that placement is important. Sometimes the purple works better but other times the gold is better. It really depends on the equipment.

I also tried adding a couple more to my 3m long interconnects, but I did not like it, the sound became too closed in. Perhaps too much of a good thing?

Then I tried them on power cords and there again, I also got mixed results.

So, I will have a lot more experimenting to do. At the moment, I like the gold on my interconnects and the purple on my speaker cables.

I guess the important thing is to try both the purple and gold and don't settle on one type too soon.

ozzy

Thanks for the useful updates Ozzy am looking forward to trying them for myself.

Dan

Four to a box. Would you place all four on a pair of cables,input and output? Or two pairs of cables,input or output?  I also am shocked at how many folks here tried a prototype product and didn’t care for them. Oh wait, that’s right,they really haven’t tried them,just interjecting an opinion.  I was always intrigued in tweaks,and wondered if they would really work. I recently experimented with a contract enhancer. I was blown away by the effectiveness.   People may think that something is silly,or crazy. However,if you haven’t tried it, in my book,you lose credibility from that point forward. Just my measly two cents. 

Don't forget to put myrtle wood blocks under your speaker cables!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well if you can produce them, I can sell them.. How's that? :-) I hate raisin' cables to vacuum. there is more than one reason..

Regards