New speakers for 15*12 room powered by Lamm 1.2s?

Attending the Seattle show this week. Thinking about upgrading my Thiel 7.2 speakers which I have owned for over 15 years.  I have a dedicated room. My Thiel's are powered by Lamm 1.2s direct from a PS Audio Directream DAC Mk1.  I am separately looking at upgrading the digital sources and potentially adding real to reel to my system.  Through room treatments and upgrading the Tubes in my Lamm's  I have been able to get a lot of the brightness out of my Thiels but I am still looking for more warmth and definition. I listed to a lot of female vocalist music, acoustic/electric guitar.  I am told the Borreson X3, X6 are an incredible value.  Any  recommendations to consider? Thx

Ag insider logo xs@2xmwthorne

I think your Thiel’s are one of the better speakers out there, despite their age.

And, given your speakers are time/phase aligned, Vandersteen would be my first recommendation.

Really, if you are thinking of choosing a different speaker, I believe it is you best interests to try to arrange listening time with as many dealers as you can. Some might be able to arrange for loaners. Of course, not everyone lives near a major city, which makes doing that difficult. But, if you can make some time to take a road trip, it would be to your benefit, considering that you are going to be spending a considerable sum of money.

Bob

acually grisley butter the kefs mirror the clarity and coherence of the thiels

Coming from Thiels, which I'm very familiar with, I would opt for one of the two top models in the Vivid Audio Kay range (K90 or K45), or any of the speakers in their Giya range (G4s2, G3s2, G2s2, G1 Spirit). Also, YG Acoustics' more affordable offerings (Carmel 3, Summit).

Giving it some more thought, if I’m you I’d strongly consider doing a trial of one of the excellent tube preamps out there today as you may find that alone could breathe new life into your excellent Thiels. Preamps are critical IME, plus it could be a lot cheaper/easier than changing speakers. Specifically there’s the new Spatial Audio Raven preamp and the Aric Audio Motherload (both offer trial periods I believe) that could be fairly transformative compared to going direct from your DAC. Just another thought and potential way to go.