New In 2023

Cite New Releases and Re-Issues on CD, Download, EP, Hi-Rez, LP, SACD and Stream formats.

jafant

Already on the shelves is City Of Gold by Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway, produced by Jerry Douglas and released by Nonesuch Records, one of the great contemporary labels. Molly's Crooked Tree album won a Grammy as Best Bluegrass Album of 2022.

On September 1st, 7A Records releases two Dave Edmunds albums on colored vinyl LP's: Repeat When Necessary and Tracks On Wax 4. Both feature the playing of the entire Rockpile membership: Dave, Nick Lowe, Billy Bremner, and Terry Williams. The albums were originally released in the 1980's on Swan Song Records, personally signed to the label by Robert Plant.

On August 25th Rhino Records is releasing on LP a best of collection by Gordon Lightfoot, part of their Now Playing series. Only $19.99 on the Elusive Disc website!

@stuartk 

I’m bummed.  The new Encore album isn’t on Qobuz or Amazon HD yet. So it might be a while before I can with the class.

However, I have listened to the CD I have of the original album, so it not all bad.😁

@curiousjim 

I just got the new one but I won't say anything until you've compared them for yourself. I wouldn't want to introduce any added "bias" into your experiment  ;o)

Let us know what you hear!  

Thanks @stuartk 

I have the original Encore. I’ll have to listen to the new one to hear all the changes.

I haven’t read through the entire thread, so maybe you’ve already mentioned these;

1) "Encore" by Brain Auger and Julie Tippets has been re-released by Esoteric.

https://atthebarrier.com/2023/06/12/brian-auger-and-julie-tippetts-encore/

2) "Highway Butterfly: The Songs of Neil Casal" is a 3 CD tribute set 

https://nealcasalmusicfoundation.org/highway-butterfly

bdp24

Excellent! I am enjoying the new Lucinda Williams CD.

Happy Listening!

On September 8th a 4-LP boxset containing Nanci Griffith's first four albums will be  released by Craft Recordings.

And on October 13th Rounder Records will release a tribute album to Nanci, the artists to include Iris DeMent, Mary Gauthier, Emmylou Harris, Shaun Colvin, Steve Earle, Lyle Lovett, John Prine, Todd Snider, and Billy Strings, 

On September 22nd New West Records releases a new album by Buddy & Julie Miller entitled In The Throes. All but one song were written by Julie, the one being a collaboration between Julie, Regina McCrary, and Bob Dylan. Regina initiated the writing of the song's lyrics, then met with Bob who wrote and rewrote more lyrics. For the music Bob instructed Regina to "Give it to Buddy Miller."

Julie is a unique writer and singer, her songs having been recorded by the likes of Levon Helm, Solomon Burke, Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Lee Ann Womack, Wynonna Judd, and Dianna Krall. Buddy has been voted Instrumentalist Of The Year multiple times by The Americana Music Association. He does a lot of producing, and plays guitar and sings harmony in Emmylou's road band, which he leads.

Guest artists on the album include Emmylou, Larry Campbell, Teresa Williams, and Gurf Morlix. This will most likely end up being my choice of Album Of The Year. Available in both black and colored vinyl (the latter signed by Buddy and Julie) and CD.

I was just listening to the new Joan Jett download. Not too bad a little short though with only 6 songs at about 3 minutes each.

ozzy