New expensive power cord for amp and no change in sound?

I bought new an expensive(for me) well known and reviewed power cord for my very good amp and plugged it directly onto the wall socket. After a couple of weeks of daily use I hear no change in the sound quality from a $500 cord. I don’t want to name it for fear of getting my thread deleted. You would know it or at least be aware of the company. Did I throw away several thousand dollars? Before I get the snake oil answer I want to let you know that I bought an upgraded cord for my pre as suggested by the pre’s manufacturer and am pleased with the results.

I guess for full disclosure the amp’s manufacturer said don’t bother. But I had had good luck with the pre so I thought it would be a good idea.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

roxy1927

My opinion, if you bought a quality product, the manufacturer has engineers that designed the power supply for the amp and know the maximum power draw the large electrolytic capacitors draw and the power supply maximum current in order to meet the designed specifications. My Primaluna came with a large gauge conducter. (Large diameter cord) I am sure the cable is copper, not gold or silver. I am not going to be judgemental in saying you wasted your money. I think if the $500 cable makes no improvement as claimed by the manufacturer, then they should honor a refund if they are a legitimate company. I feel bad for your situation and hope you can get satisfaction from the place that sold it or the company that made it.

I would be curious if you did a blind test and could hear the difference.  

what were you really anticipating in the improvement?  You can get much better permanent improvements with upgrading power supply capacitors and resistors, AC filter chokes, etc.  A power cord cannot touch those kinds of upgrades.

Happy Listening.