New Adcom GFA-555 se - Special Edition

Adcom is making a new version of the GFA-555 II, the GFA-555 se. This amplifier is essentially the GFA-555 II with slight improvements including balanced inputs larger capacitors resulting in a better soundstage and an even higher damping factor. Did you know that the GFA-555 is likely the best selling piece of hi-fi equipment ever made, with a build of over 100,000 units? The GFA-555se will be available sometime in November.
power_hungry
Cut the new guy some slack! I believe Power_hungry is genuinely exited about the release of a new version of an old sort of classic. Adcom,for me while in high school and college, was a great bang for the buck. I had the GFA-535II and I even sprung for the $50 to change the faceplate to white!! I have since gone down the textbook audiophile money spiral and would now welcome a moderately priced great sounding power amp to experiment with. My 535II sounds OK driving a pair of JM Lab Alto Utopias at low volumes. It not the Mac 501's, but it is good for what it is.
Thanks for the info and heads up--i will be looking for the release of this new amp.
BTW: Adcom's website could use a little work!

Pepe
When my cube (Carver) died, I went shopping. I was strictly at the low end of the $ scale.....and my hi-end store had a 555 on the used rack. Tempting, but ultimately no-go. I think it would have driven my panels fine, but I was a little timid buying something probably 15 yrs old....I didn't want to get into fixing something 'new' to me, especially given the dicey nature of getting stuff serviced. I have had to supply my own schematics, in the past.
That being said, if AdCom can get the old Pass juju going again, so much the better. 90% of the performance of the BEST you can get, for a fraction of the $ still plays well.
Bang for buck never loses.
Hey, sorry 'cause I am newly a member to Audiogon but I had to say something about this amp. I guess I need to spend some time here and say more about myself. I'm not yet familiar with the way things work around here. My intent was just to see what people think about this amp, I am somewhat excited because it goes back to the basics of an excellent well-proven design, I had one back in the early nineties and there has never been anything quite like it before or since.
welcome to audiogon Power_hungry. I apologize for misinterpreting your motives and post. Certainly there's nothing wrong with expressing excitement about a new, and/or old product.