NAD M10/BluOS - Please Help

So, I just picked up an NAD M10 Player.  I have a Crap Ton of Hi-Res FLAC/DSD stored on my LG V50 phone.  How do I access my music?  I don't use streaming services.  I have searched all over The Bluesound site and combed through the FAQ's.  I sent a support request to Bluesound and NAD, but it's been two days and no replies yet.  I have Googled the crap out of this but can't find and answers.  Please help.
prpixel

Showing 5 responses by mahler123

I have the same LG phone.  I connected it to my preamp through one of those minijack cables from AudioQuest.  It sounds fine.  If you want to wirelessly steam from the phone you need something like AirPlay or Bluetooth.
I know the LG doesn’t do AirPlay, which is why I said “something like” in my post.
I also have a n AudioEngine BT DAC in my living room system, now going on about 5 years old so it probably isn’t the latest codec.  I purchased it so my kids can stream to their phones when they visit or when they house sit.
  I don’t use my phone much in my main system via the preamp for precisely the reasons you cite.  I use my phone primarily as my portable player and in the car storing files on an SD card.  I bought the cable to connect to my preamp as an experiment, and haven’t used it since that day .
  Your last paragraph baffles me a bit.  Are you putting all of your files on a micro SD card?  Why is it difficult to maintain a server?  Once you have bought and set the thing up, what’s to maintain?  I guess I just wouldn’t trust a micro SD card as being only form of storage in case I lost my phone, although if if’s backed up somewhere I guess it doesn’t matter..
  I use the Blue OS app with Bluesound Node 2s in my system, with a Synology server.  Does the M10 have a hard drive?
Seems like a lot work to enjoy playing music.
Wouldnt it be simpler to have everything on one server that automatically backs itself up?  Servers can be accessed remotely so use the home server while at work.
  For portable listening, when you can’t access the server, 1TB on your phone should keep you going for a while.  Remember, you can only listen to one piece of music at a time.  However, I know what you feel.  When I am traveling, with 512 mb on my phone plus streaming, it’s always the music that I can’t access that I hanker for...
 I had about a TB on my Bluesound Vault2 before I backed it up to my Synology NAS.  I still use the BluOS , along with Bryston Manic Moose for my Bryston BDP3.  The Blue OS app tells me that my music resides in 2 folders, the NAS and the Vault2.  I just open the NAS
Is the NAD in your office?  Pardon me if I missed that in your previous posts
If the files on your server match the files on your phone, I am not sure what the problem is here....the important thing is the music, and reproducing it in high quality, and not to be having your enjoyment be dependent upon knowing which technology (i.e., which server) brings it into the room.  It may be “so 2010” but most Audio technology has a pedigree.  Vinyl has risen from the dead, and how much has really changed in amplification and speaker technology in the past 50 years or so?.  You still control the M10with the app on the phone, so the phone is an integral part of the experience.  
  Sorry, don’t mean to hector you, it was meant respectfully.
  Also, I am interested, since I own the same phone, in the other devices that you allude to that can play files from the phone.  Could you name a few?