My Snubway and Main Stream Master Class Combo Review

I must admit I am a sucker for tweaks.

I have owned and tried so many. I have always admired those who think outside the “box”. Some of these items were great, some maybe? And then some were just a “swing and a miss”.

I have communicated with Mark through the years and have used several of his products. So, I ventured into the Vera-fi Audio filters that many of you have expressed that you have liked. That is specifically; the Snubway and the Main Stream filters. I’m not sure if that is the appropriate category but I think that is what they do.

When I first received them, I tried them on my Audio dedicated AC line. First listen, the music sounded louder and more in my face. I was concerned that perhaps they were too much for my already “clean” audio system.

I then moved them to my dedicated Video AC line. On this line, I have an AudioQuest 1200 conditioner, an 85” Samsung TV/LED, Oppo 205, Satellite Dish, Apple TV and a 7 channel Outlaw amp. And I also had a Puron filter. When I first viewed this Video system with the filter combo now in use, boy, was I impressed! I watched a few pre-season NFL live games and the image was fantastic! So clean, immersive, with deep contrast, and deep colors. I knew these units would be a permanent part of this system.

So today, again, I tried that combo on my Audio Dedicated line. On this line is my AudioQuest 7000, Lumin X1, and 2 Michi 8 power amps. But now this time I did not get the image overload, perhaps these take some time to burn/break in. I will let these units percolate for a few days before I pass additional comments. But… I did order another set of them.

ozzy

128x128ozzy

@ozzy  -  Based upon your above posts I am assuming that you haven't done this but if you have the opportunity to compare the Puron to the Main Stream I'd be interested in your assessment. txs

@rlb61 Where did  you place the Snubway in your Zerosurge? Txs

@facten I asked Mark about this and he said that with the switched outlet Zerosurge, the Snubway should be placed in an "always on" outlet.

I recently purchased the Snubway and Mainstream combo from Vera-Fi Audio and wanted to share my honest impressions. I'm from Europe, absolutely zero affiliation here...actually some weeks ago I was even asking feedback about Vera-Fi company.
While my system is already considered high-end, I was curious to see what these devices could bring to the table.

First, I want to commend Mark at Vera-Fi for his excellent support throughout the purchasing process. The transaction was smooth and efficient. Once I received the devices, I plugged them into my Ansuz C3 power distributor and began listening the next day.

I was immediately impressed by the positive changes in the sound. These devices have a more significant impact than simply swapping cables (anywhere in the chain). They seamlessly integrate with your system's existing sound signature, revealing additional details, deepening the bass, and widening the soundstage.

The music feels more impactful and engaging, with reduced harshness and smoother flow. I believe these plugs are ideal for fine-tuning your system and elevating its performance. The price-to-quality ratio is exceptional, probably impossible to beat AFAIK.

I'm highly satisfied with this discovery and am eager to see what Vera-Fi Audio has in store for the future. Thank you to everyone for their comments and to @verafiaudio  for his outstanding support.

So, after a few more days, the combo has really settled down and is in the zone. Music earlier that once sounded perhaps a little sharp now sounds more relaxed but still detailed, that is; in a good way.

I still believe my Audio system may have taken a little longer to mesh due to all of the other components I have that deal with AC noise.

facten,

I did have at one time 10 Puron’s on my audio line and a few more on my Video and Subwoofer circuits. Eventually, I came to the realization that it was too much. I sold/gave away most of the Puron’s but kept a couple to compare to the new Snubway/Main Stream combo.

There is really no comparison. All the good things that the Puron provided was many times better. I now only have one Puron left that resides in my computer/Modem/ EthereRegen, clock etc. room.

It is amazing how cleaning up the AC opens up the music. Perhaps that is why some audio equipment is so expensive?

ozzy

I had a single Snubway about a week and was immediately and remain 100% blown away. I don’t often read unobtanium reviews but was drawn to Jason Serinus’ review of the $150,000 Dan D’Agostino 3 chassis preamp. Most notably his comments which described what I was hearing pre/post Snubway, and I thought, this $150,000 preamp must have a similar circuit built in and could/would a built in Snubway be the missing link in all hi-end kit without the huge price they would charge for it. Licensing? Hmmmmm