my own experience with Tekton Design

Extremely disappointed with the Dynaudio Contour 60s I bought 4 years ago, after owning for 2 years a wonderful pair of old Dynaudio Contour 3.3s ( poor fool, I thought I was upgrading), I decided to ditch the Dynaudios for something different. So, for the last 2 years, I have been one of the few Tekton Moab owners in Europe, I think. Already the first impression of the Moabs was very positive. I was still not 100 percent satisfied, but I was already much more satisfied than I was with the Contour 60s. After a few months I realized that something was wrong, and after some measurements that I shared with Eric (the owner and designer of Tekton) it was clear that one of the beryllium tweeters was slightly less performing than the other. Probably a problem caused by transportation from the United States to Europe. In any case I experienced in Eric great support, attention and kindness. Eric sent me a replacement tweeter that I personally assembled with very little effort in less than 10 minutes. 

And then wow! It was really a change from day to night. At first I didn't believe that a 15% less tweeter efficiency could make such a huge difference in presentation. But I had to believe it.  I listen mostly to classical, jazz, and ethnic recordings, so for me the most important characteristics of a speaker are timbre quality and soundstage accuracy. The Moabs offer all this naturally, effortlessly. I have no intention of upgrading to anything else. Thanks for everything Eric!

128x128daros71

Moab is one of those speakers that just works.  A friend brought his over last week and it compares favorably to my Hornings that cost 8x more.

It takes courage to post when all the press is negative.  I commend you.

Jerry

Thanks for a good, positive post. 
Credit goes to excellent customer support. 

I have had Eric's speaker in the past. For the price, one really cannot fault the sonics of it in any way. I could name all kinds of speakers that are essentially cold fake sounding ear rippers for what they cost (that simply get carried by a thing called audiophile brand name snobbery).

It does help with the sonics when musicians (like Eric) design speakers.