My new review for The Absolute Sound comparing AGD GAN amps with BHK300’s

I am normally best suited to be behind the camera, but The Absolute Sound convinced me I should try my hand at reviewing. In listening to AGD’s Audion GAN amps I compared them with my BHK300’s. This was done direct from the my Dac - PS Audio DS MKII with APS transformers, to eliminate any preamp interactions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K0p6MUKSVo8&t=616s

emailists

@emailists Great review…. I saw it on YouTube a few days ago.  I like your style of review.  You should do more!

@bolong I concur with your assessment of how different interconnects and power cables modify the sound of the Audion amps.  The Audions seem to deliver whatever sound qualities a cable or component feeds it.  They are nice amps in my setup.

On so many threads here, some audio hooligan shows up, bristling with self-appointed importance & "expertise," and proceeds to drag the thread into snark and recrimination.

Always a bummer to encounter this stuff....

A really well balanced and useful review - thanks.

I bought Mkii Audions and have upgraded to the Mkiii ‘tubes. These amps are so transparent that changes to interconnect cables or anything else in the system will clearly be audible as @bolong describes above.

I’ve had Class A, AB solid state along with SET and OTL tubes amps. I don’t really care what amp configuration I use if they sound great!