Music server recommendations needed.

I have a large CD collection (4000 - 5000+) and so far I have only been managing my digital music files on my MacBook Pro through Apple Music only. (Partially digitized from my CD collection, partially commercially bought digital music files.) The music is largely an exhaustive jazz collection totaling some 6000 albums, by my estimate.

I need to digitize and collect all of my music on a music server. Ideally I would like to do this in just 2 components - a CD player and a Music Server, or a Music Server that comes equipped with a good CD player. The ability to effortlessly digitize the CDs, and then properly catalog, search and listen to my digitized music is the end goal. The CD player must be able to play SACD media. Would be nice if I can keep the DAC out of the music server. I'd like to keep the cost reasonable, but at some level I don't know what is reasonable either. Whatever I pick, I want it to stay for the long haul. What would you knowledgeable folks suggest as a solution?

I currently own a Jay's Audio CD player connected to a Benchmark Audio DAC3 HGC and Galion Audio TS120 SE integrated tube amp and Triangle Antal speakers.

Thanks,

Amit

amitb

You realize of course, that all these megabuck streamers are just Linux machines with a dedicated interface.  I paid $130 for an 8 gb memory tiny PC from Amazon, with a 128 GB flash drive.  I installed Ubuntu Linux on it and hung an external drive off of a USB port.  I run JRiver for about $30.  Ubuntu offers a free music player called "Clementine", which looks like iTunes.

@russbutton 

yes, most of us realize that these streamers are Linux machines. But there is so much more to it than that. I started with an optimized PC, auditioned an Aurender N100H years ago which trounced it sonically. I’ve since moved up from the Aurender. If you’re good with your system as is - great!  Some of us sought (and found) something signficantly better. Indeed, I found nearly as much difference in streamer audio quality as in the difference between DACs.

@mgrif104 Expectations create reality.   If  you expect some thing to make a certain kind of change, then thatʻs what youʻre looking for and will likely get.

Computers process and transfer data.  Bits is bits.  The sound all depends on your DAC.  Regardless of the source, whether itʻs a streamer or a cheap PC, the same data comes down the wire.  There are reclockers you can put between a PC and a DAC, but Iʻve never heard one that made a difference.

I use the Melco N 100 server and I purchased the their Optical Ripper, along with another Melco storage device.  The optical ripper can be used to spin CDs as well if combined with the N100.

The Melco doesn’t contain a DAC and I didn’t quite get what the OP was saying about the relationship he seeks between his DAC and his server.  If I was him I would get combine the Melco with an SACD player that has inputs to allow it to be used as a DAC.  
  As usual the OP is asking about a storage solution and is being bombarded with responses that he should be exclusively using a streaming service in its place.  I think a more helpful response would be along the lines of “I prefer to use a streaming service, but to respond to your question, this suggestion might be tried…”

@russbutton 

You do realize your LP12 is the same as a Thorens. I can find one on eBay for $165. Vinyl is vinyl. 

But hey, Expectations create reality. If  you expect some thing to make a certain kind of change, then thatʻs what youʻre looking for and will likely get.