McIntosh MA7900 DA1 DAC vs. DA2 DAC vs. external

Is it worth upgrading my Mcintosh MA7900's dac from the DA1 to the DA2?

I've kinda been eyeing the Denafrips Pontus and the Chord Qutest. 

Any experience with this?
dtximages
The ARC input is a really nice feature if you are integrating it with a TV, otherwise no, it’s not worth upgrading or using an external dac. They all sound pretty much the same.  For digital front end components just shop by feature.  The measurable differences between dacs are so far below audible levels, it would be like trying to listen to your watch tick at a rock concert. 
@perkadin great analogy.  Unfortunately, too many people on here are fuming at what you're saying, swearing they can hear worlds of difference in dacs.  I have failed to hear it myself and chalk most of it up to listening bias.  I strongly believe in listening bias.  Heck, my speakers sound different based on my mood often times.  I'll hear what I want to hear.
Glad to hear you say that.  I just have not personally tried enough dacs to be able to say definitively that one is better than another.
Speakers are another issue. 

Interestingly enough, I didn't hear a big difference at all in my McIntosh MA7900 integrated and my Anthem STR/PS Audio m700 systems.  Both were essentially equal.  Speakers were different though (Tekton Double Impacts and KEF Reference 5).
What I meant by that was I could tell a difference in the speakers, but not the systems. 

Oh, one used the Mcintosh's DA1 dac, the other used a Bryston BDA 1 dac.  I swapped the speakers back n forth..  In both cases, the speaker differences were the same, but no perceivable difference in the two systems.
I have not used the qutest but was interested in one at one point based on good experience with the mojo. 
Anyway doing research (reading not listening) I came to the conclusion that the benchmark DAC3 sounds very similar but has more detail. 
Having owned a DAC3 it is still the best dac I have used and I never should have sold it. I see a HPA4 and DAC3 in my future. 
I feel like the DAC3 has great bass. I know that sounds odd about a dac. But benchmark has a 30 day no questions asked return policy. You could try one with zero risk. 
@james633  I figured someone would ask that.. 

They're very close.  The KEFs are more forward sounding.  Players come out at you more and you hear more micro detail initially.  This is probably due to the metal dome tweeter.
The Tekton Double Impacts held their own and presented a deeper more "far back" soundstage.  They were less "in your face" and up front. 

I think, in the end, the KEF was a more analytical speaker while the Tekton was more laid back..  Bass was very similar.
When cranked to the max, I have to give the edge to Tekton for keeping their composure and simply bringing the house down if needed.  The KEF would do it too but I always felt I was about to break them if pushed harder. 

The KEF was so awesome.  But, my gosh, the Tektons have a magic about them... .Which is why they're going to be my long term speaker.. Them and the Klipschorn which has a special place with me.

The Klipschorn, Tekton, and KEF put different smiles on my face.
Dtximages,

thanks, for the feed back. Always interested to hear about unknown speakers compared to a speaker I know a bit (Kef). I am not a big kef fan. I feel like they lack dynamics. I can see why people like them though. 
I have spent some time with a older pair of klipsch horns (no mods) that a friend inherited from his Dad. Fun speaker for sure.