Mcintosh customer support

Requested Firmware update from Mcintosh for my ageing but still good sounding D150 Dac Mcintosh customer support virtually refused to supply Firmware v 1.02 with me . their answer was,,

( Unfortunately, company policy prohibits me from sending out firmware updates. We used to distribute them openly but they ended up on forums and were installed into incorrect units causing a massive influx in service repairs. At that point the company instituted the policy to no longer distribute them.)

it is so sad that Audio Giant like McIntosh do not care about their customers.

128x128sabih

They are not the only ones doing this.  My BelCanto streamer is 4 yrs old and one year ago it stopped playing 24/192 files.  So my answer from them was that I had to send it in and they would update it.  It has a service USB but nope.  

Have them do it. I’ve never had any issues with McIntosh customer support or their service. They’ve always been stellar and one of the reasons I purchase their products. They are trying to maintain the integrity of their products and avoid having to fix issues (and they will) caused by improperly installed firmware.

@sabih,

I forwarded your compliant to Audio Classics since McIntosh has no email address listed. They will forward your information to McIntosh, but they SAID the upgrade is ALREADY available on the McIntosh website as theyALREADY posted above.

"For units with DA1 Digital Audio Modules: McIntosh USB Audio Windows Driver D V2.0.. please see detailed instructions on their web site".

Audio Classics get an A+ for helping me. I saw your post and immediately attempted to email McIntosh but could not. I contacted Audio Classics for assistance and they responded very quickly and your problem is solved.

Thank you Audio classics for this OUTSTANDING customer service.

@sabih,

Whoops. As per your post above, it seems you “Need a firmware update not windows driver”. I have no info if the firmware update is available.

Please call Audio Classics and ask them for help. You are not going to get this issue resolved on Audiogon.