McIntosh 2105 pairing with Klipsch Cronwall’s?

Hello. I am inquiring about a fully restored Mcintosh 2105 amp pairing to a pair of Klipsch Heritage Cornwall iv’s. Has anyone had experience with this and can anyone please give me their opinion? I am hoping the warm sound of Mcintosh may play out well with the high horn frequencies of the Klipsch? thank you

128x128moose89

Mcintosh solid state power amplifiers using Autoformers definitely have a sound to them (everything does), and I would try before you buy. You either like them, or you don't. Likely at the price it is selling for, there are many more amplifiers available to you. I had a mint 2105, with a few mods such as a 10 gauge aftermarket power cord replacement for the inadequate one supplied. Made a lot of improvement, imo. However, when I purchased my first Nuforce STA200 (for shits and giggles) in 2017, this new little amp was superior to many amps I owned at the time, including the 2105. This, on a pair of Lascalas. All I am saying, there are other presentations that are superior, imo, than the 2105. However, if you never owned a Mc power amp, maybe you should, for the experience. BTW, there are a few mods you can do to the CWIVs that are spoken about on the web that you should consider. Possibly not what you wanted to hear, but there it is. You will likely be bombarded with other recommendations of other power amps (some tubes), so take your time. You did ask for opinions. My best, MrD.

@mrdecibel 

You are assuming that he is shopping for a 2105, but it sounds to me like he already owns one and is wondering about the match-up. Maybe he'll clarify.

Yes. It’s being shipped. Fully restored with new caps. Has chrome patinas of course in back. 

Then why the question, if it is paid for and has been shipped? ANY amp will match up with CWIV, impedance and efficiency wise. Enjoy it! My best, MrD.

Since the Cornwall IV are I believe 94db efficient, you will have more than enough power for them, and then some.