Mary Martin Died

She was music executive.  Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Emmylou Harris, The Band, Keith Urban, Rodney Crowell, Vince Gill were all championed and otherwise had their careers helped by her. 

128x128onhwy61

Agree with mahler123. who give a fudge about big bosses and prodoocerz unless they are real artists?

I recall the story of Leonard Cohen getting really stripped off his wealth by such so-called big bosses and he went on concert literally standing on his knees, because legs would not hold him strong anymore!

Mary Martin convinced fellow Canadian Leonard Cohen to not go to Nashville and instead stay in NYC.  She then introduced his songs to Judy Collins who then recorded several and Cohen then went on to sign with John Hammond at Columbia records.  Much later in his career Mr. Cohen was defrauded by his long term business manager, someone not named Mary Martin.

Why some people want to denigrate an influential, loved and respected individual on their death is beyond my comprehension.  It says something about them, not about Mary Martin.

I wasn’t telling about Mary Martin when mentioned Leonard Cohen being victim of scam, I was talkin’ about big bosses that are all pretty much similar to Don King.

Anyone wants to guess what would I do if Don King dies?