Mark Levinson Has Saved Me And My MUSIC!!

I am so thoroughly impressed with the Daniel Hertz Master Class Software/C Wave technology.

As a music/artist first audiophile, i.e., someone who doesn’t restrict myself to audiophile recordings only, I possess thousands of poor recordings themselves or poor quality files (mp3s) from very talented obscure artists around the world, accrued over 30 years. I have them because it was the only option.

I was on the fence about buying this software because i hate the sight of anything Apple...and one needs to have a Macbook to install this software. But, i bit the bullet and got myself a Mac.

This software has been the perfect salvage tool for suboptimal recordings and poor quality digital files. It has breathed life into so many old recordings and made them so much more enjoyable. This may easily be the best 600 bucks i’ve ever spent.

Limitations:

This software is only for converting existing lousy quality digital files prior to playback.

If you want the software to intervene and salvage your music on the fly, i.e. streaming, etc, you may need to cough up the dough for his Maria all-in-one streamer+dac+amp (not cheap). I have not decided if i want to go that route because i prefer to buy hires digital files (albums) for permanent ownership whenever i can, i.e., not just "rent" it from a streaming service. I use streaming services only to discover music. The software is good enough for me.

Other:

The deemed health benefits from music processed through this software for playback (the pilot test he talks about in this video) are yet to be seen, in my case, at least. I haven’t visited the doctor for a checkup, or intend to be a guinea pig or prove that the latter is true. But, if it makes me healthier, so be it...I am already extremely happy with the software!!!

Keep listening guys/gals!

deep_333

@jasonbourne71 I know. I was trying to get OP and hater of all things Apple 🍏 (evrn granny Smith?) to acknowledge that this is just another flavour of s DAC. And let’s not mention it’s computer based too.

I’m pretty much a purist at heart and don’t use tone controls or DSP although I may well try the latter at some point as I’ve heard great results in other systems.  In this case if there’s something that can make me wanna listen to a lot of my favorite music on digital from the 70s-80s again I’d be all in over that as I can’t bring myself to listen to it at all on my main system.  And frankly $600 sounds like a bargain for something that could potentially bring me that much enjoyment if it works, and with a free trial what’s to lose?  Thanks @deep_333 for bringing this to attention. 

"How many exceptions did you count in the past 25 years?"

It was you who made the statement that "ALL" modern vinyl blah blah blah.

That’s like saying all modern turntables are junk after looking at only a Crosley or other "toy" table.

There are currently a LOT of companies making the best LP’s the world has ever seen or heard. Those who care enough can easily find them. It’s up to you to do the same, not I or anyone else.

<Sorry but chinese equipment is not a synonymus with trash... Sometimes yes sometimes not...

@mahgister Thank you for having the courage to post this politically incorrect and troll-prodding, but so true, observation. I all-too-often roll my eyes but keep silent when I hear someone, here and elsewhere, condemn the efforts of nearly 1.5 BILLION people solely because of conclusory presumptions about where they live. As you say, garbage comes out of China, terrific stuff comes out of China, and everything in between comes out of China -- just like other countries.

E.g., my superb EIZZ tone arm is in a class with popular 1-2 kilobuck Euro/American arms (as confirmed by my WallyTools instruments), but I paid a fraction of its list price b/c the dealer had a hard time selling it to Sinophobic buyers. And as a long-time Quad electrostatic hobbyist, I can confirm that the build quality, reliabiltiy, & overall QA of Quad’s ESLs improved dramatically when IAG moved its manufacturing from the UK to China.

Sure, counterexamples are plentiful (we don't need an enumeration), but my point is that, like so many generalizations, an across-the-board condemnation of Chinese technology and manufacturing is not warranted.  Nobody should let a purchase decision be driven solely by vague, generalized presumptions.

It's just nice to hear a reasonable voice on the topic in this forum.