Marantz Ruby PM KI amp vs Accuphase e-480 or e-380

So... does the Marantz "economies of scale" trump here? Can they make just as good of luxury product for cheaper than the more "boutique" brand? Sound quality -wise, is the Ruby PM KI amp just as good or better (though without the features) as the Accuphase e380 or e480...?

My preference is detailed but perhaps on the warm side of neutral...

Could run either of ’em w a bluesound node going through the Ruby SACD player dac, so consider that the source(s).  Just consider that to be my inputs, into the Ruby and/or Accuphase amps, to control that point.  So the question is about the amps. 

And btw... I know there are plenty of other choices... but let's keep this discussion focused to my question at hand; I've heard all the arguments for all the other possible amps in this world, and I'm down to these two for the purposes of my question; I'm not interested in hearing about a bunch of other brands.

Another related thought, although it would likely void the warranty, if I bought an Accuphase, say the 480, in Japan ... could it be easily "rewired" to be American power (110/120) ? A high end repair shop ought be able to do that for a couple hundred bucks I’d think, or am I mistaken.

curtdr

Showing 1 response by twoleftears

Marantz Ruby 4K; Accuphase E-380 9.5K.  Apples to oranges.

No doubt that the Marantz is an excellent integrated at 4K: there are lots and lots of very happy users.  Does the E-380 sound and perform better: at the price differential it darn well better!  Only your ears can tell you whether that "better" is worth the extra price.