Magnepan LRS+ which amps do you use ? * 100 watts or less **

I have a pair coming in this week and wondering if any folks are having good results with 100watt or less amps 

i have a Rogue  Cronos mag that's about 100 watts , also an Exsposure 2510 that's about 110 into 4 ohms 

do you really need hundreds of watts to enjoy these speakers ?

mfm22

I have the 1.7’s and am satisfied with the performance of the Odyssey Khartago which is rated at 110 into 8 ohms. The Maggie’s however are somewhere around 4 ohms impedance. The amp is stable driving 4 ohm loads and sounds amazing. However you’ll also need a preamp and possibly a phono amp to accompany a TT setup. 
Klaus at Odyssey is quite familiar with the Maggie Khartago combination. Contact him for advice. 

klaus' odyssey amps are a wonderful high value amplification choice for maggies

just what the speakers need to shine without breaking the bank

in another recent thread about this subject i posted an extensive list of terrific amplification options for maggies

To follow up ... Picked up the LRS+ yesterday - set them up and used my Exposure 2510 int amp to start with source was a humble NAD CD player .

put in what I believe to be an excellent recording / CD format - Diana Krall- Wallflower ... and away we went !

Vocals had that "in the room" imaging , nice wide soundstage . Mid range details were all there + . There is Bass ! ok not booming bass but enough to balance mid / highs

I had plans to switch to some other amps but found no desire to do so after a few minutes of listening

you know its good when you are listening to music & not equipment .

these are brand new & think they need some hours to break in - the Exposure amp is pretty new so things with this set up will get better yet

one negative would be the " stands " will need to upgrade for sure they’re pitched back or if using the clip adjuster to stand them more vertical - I felt they were likely to fall over !

Have to keep cat away from these !

Surprise was how these were not as finicky[ for room placement] as I’d have thought . Had .7’s years ago and had fits with them ?