Made In China

There seems to be a lot of varying opinion when it comes to China and the products that are made there. I personally know of an audio store in my home town that made the decision to no longer carry products with manufacturing ties in China. Maybe that’s why they have such a limited show room? Recently, I purchased a Cayin RU2 portable DAC and headphone dongle that‘s made in China. It’s the only audio product that I own that’s solely manufactured by a Chinese company and so far I have no complaints. Of course, my Apple products were likely made in China and I like those a lot. And if I’m correct (and I’m likely incorrect), Denafrips and Schiit Audio products are assembled in China but I’m uncertain where those companies are located. So I’m just wondering about audio products from Asia that offer high end build and sound quality. I would assume that most products from China, Korea, Japan, etc… offer a high value for the dollar? Anyway, please feel free to share your opinion and knowledge on this topic as I’m wanting to learn more about what‘s out made and engineered in that part of the world.

Thanks!

goofyfoot

Made in China threads come up often enough to set your watch by. 
Must be a slow day.

All the best,
Nonoise

On the cheaper line cabinets are made in China ,as well as drivers to their specifications . The Z euro doesnot stretch that far with the high inflation problems.

Every industrial country has or is committing some sort of social injustice. English, French, Dutch and German products come from countries that were steeped in colonial imperialism or outright genocide. US and Canadian products are produced on land stolen from the indigenous peoples with societies built on the backs of slaves and exploited immigrants. Japanese manufacturing grew out of the brutality of their Asian conquests in WWII. S. Korea is highly stratified with throngs of under paid workers. Chinese labor practices have already been covered. Most other manufacturing countries have their warts, too.

So what it really comes down to is whether or not the product performs well for the given price. What country it originates from is really a status or culture war issue.